Page 22 of 30 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: Let's make America Grate Again.

Thanks

Default Re: Let's make America Grate Again.

Quote Originally Posted by TSherbs View Post
    Well, I tried. Some months ago, I said that I was done with acrimony here. I have stuck to the pledge.
    Bullshit!
    You can't really be serious!!
    If you are, then you are WAY beyond just the "garden variety" type of disingenuous.

Don't take my word for it, pull up your posts and read them for yourself. Or ask someone (other than one of the other 2 Stooges) to look them over and offer an opinion.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,189 Times in 1,419 Posts

Have a good day, Seney

Thanks

And now someone is playing with tags again <eyeroll>
    Ah, the hypocrisy is flowing full speed ahead!
    That's the first time I have ever done anything with tags, here or anywhere else.
    I saw the ones you (or one of the other Stooges) had created and thought I would follow your lead.
    And, if you don't believe me I am sure there is some record of the time sequence in which they appeared. Check it out.
    And, once you do, an apology for your newest flame and disingenuous wish will be accepted.
    Last edited by 724Seney; January 24th, 2023 at 06:34 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 724Seney View Post
    And now someone is playing with tags again <eyeroll>
    Ah, the hypocrisy is flowing full speed ahead!
    That's the first time I have ever done anything with tags, here or anywhere else.
    I saw the ones you (or one of the other Stooges) had created and thought I would follow your lead.
    And, if you don't believe me I am sure there is some record of the time sequence in which they appeared. Check it out.
    And, once you do, an apology for your newest flame and disingenuous wish will be accepted.
    I don't know who did it, and I did not blame you.

I am done responding to you.

Thanks

I am done responding to you.
    Promise??
    (One can only hope...........)

PS: I suppose the "sudden disappearance" of the tags which flamed me, inspiring me to add a couple of my own, is just pure coincidence?
    You are a real piece of work TSherbs.
    What a bottom crawler!
    Last edited by 724Seney; January 24th, 2023 at 07:58 PM.

Thanks

This is a word and concept I have been made recently aware, ressentiment. The context of my interest is how some religious groups in the US portray the secular society for which they are now in, but it has been used to define other demographics.

"Ressentiment is a reassignment of the pain that accompanies a sense of one's own inferiority/failure on to an external scapegoat. The ego creates the illusion of an enemy, a cause that can be "blamed" for one's own inferiority/failure. Thus, one was thwarted not by a failure in oneself, but rather by an external "evil."
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ressentiment

Trump and the Republicans have attempted to capitalize on this resentment, but it could be said that Democrats have done the same with marginalized groups as well. Finally, some voices are beginning to want to teach people how not to be used by politicians. This is probably what has over time caused religious people to side with Republicans. It has confounded me since 2015, but I think this is partly the reason.

I read someone's definition of politics as power, but they said the true nature of politics in justice. Regarding the Evangelical community, instead of seeing an increasing secular culture and keeping themselves on the outside, they should see themselves as a part of the culture. They should not see themselves as victims or entitled because they think America is a Christian nation. What the should be doing is to return to discipleship so that their good news might become good news within the culture. It is rare to see a local gathering actually discipling. Discipling doesn't take money as much as time.

I was reading Francis Scheaffer's "Whatever Happened to the Human Race in which is describes a downward slide in an increasingly immoral society leading to abortion and other inhuman actions. This book was published in 1979 and a time before America's history of forced migration of millions of Africans took place with subsequent atrocities. How could Scheaffer not see that America was never great or moral from its inception even thought it was more religious then?

If we want to make America great again, maybe consider, making America great for everyone and stop feeling entitled or resentful. This would also be easier if some who think they are elite to value everyone with their votes and actions. If you're going to be political, seek justice for all.
    “He has shown you, O man, what is good. And what does the LORD require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God.” Micah 6:8

Thanks

Pretty good opinion piece. Chip will like it. About the new GOP circus led by McCarthy...

https://www.theatlantic.com/newslett...campaign=share

Thanks

From Paul Krugman

"But even if these policies improve rural fortunes, will Democrats get any credit? It’s easy to be cynical. Sarah Huckabee Sanders, the new governor of Arkansas, has pledged to get the “bureaucratic tyrants” of Washington “out of your wallets”; in 2019 the federal government spent almost twice as much in Arkansas as it collected in taxes, de facto providing the average Arkansas resident with $5,500 in aid. So even if Democratic policies greatly improve rural lives, will rural voters notice?

https://www.nytimes.com/2023/01/26/o...s-economy.html

Maybe she didn't know.
    “He has shown you, O man, what is good. And what does the LORD require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God.” Micah 6:8

Thanks

I really don't see the need to start a thread about the Chinese balloon, but perhaps here is a good place since making American Grate Again is where some think we need to evolve. I think Biden and the Pentagon used common sense rather than trying to score points. Perhaps this is what Presidents are supposed to do, doing the right thing and not trying to look good.

I didn't realize the balloons payload was over 1000 pounds and the size of three buses. For all of the Republicans trying to score points for what it wasn't brought down sooner, now we know that doing so could have hurt or killed Americans and would not have allowed the equipment to be evaluated.

Marjorie Taylor Greene said this would have never occurred under President Trump when in fact it did three times. Since she was on the Homeland Security Committee, she should have been aware.

Thanks

I see that MTG has suggested secession between red and blue states. What a troll. What is she trying to distract from?

Thanks

I’m reading more about the president’s trip to Ukraine. So much for his age. Age can cause people to do things they might not have risked as a younger person.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Naill View Post
    I’m reading more about the president’s trip to Ukraine. So much for his age. Age can cause people to do things they might not have risked as a younger person.
    So can toxoplasma.

Thanks

That’s something else.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,079 Times in 632 Posts

The Sad, Desolate Scenes of CPAC 2023

At the most famous annual gathering of America’s conservatives, the chairs are empty, the energy is low—and everyone seems a little bit defensive about it.

An attendee yawns amid a sea of empty chairs, following a speech by Donald Trump Jr. at the 2023 Conservative Political Action Conference. Kent Nishimura/Getty Images

“It’s so great to see everyone here, and it’s so great to see a packed house, too!”

It is approximately 11:15 a.m. in Washington, D.C., and investigative reporter Sara Carter is lying. The house is never crowded this early on the first day of CPAC, but even by those standards the Potomac Ballroom looks grim. The camera responsible for providing close-in crowd shots that CPAC likes to work into its livestream footage is working hard to stay away from the deserted wasteland of chairs in the rear two-thirds of this auditorium, but there’s nothing it can do to disguise the gap-toothed emptiness of the front section. I am beginning to understand the reasoning behind yesterday’s tersely worded email that expressly forbade reporters from “roam[ing] in the Potomac Ballroom”—but they might want to reconsider: This anemic crowd needs all the extra bodies it can get.

This is my fourth CPAC, a biyearly gathering of conservative groupies, donors, political operators, long-shot candidates, and packs of teenage boys in crisp suits who wander the hallways in packs and talk to no one else. Get an autograph from Lauren Boebert, snap a selfie with Steve Bannon, listen to speech after speech about how the Democrats are coming for you and everyone you love. It’s a bacchanale, it’s an indoctrination session, it’s Comic Con for politics nerds.

https://newrepublic.com/article/1709...trump-desantis

Thanks

Lame gathering of shrill misfits, this year.

Thanks

I read that they set up a faux Oval Office to snap pics of attendees at the Presidential desk.

lordamercy

Thanks

Review opinion of the CPAC conference:

https://www.politico.com/news/magazi...trump-00085568

Thanks

"Two days before Jan. 6, Carlson texted someone, “We are very, very close to being able to ignore Trump most nights. I truly can’t wait.”

He added, “I hate him passionately,” and then, of Trump’s four years in office: “We’re all pretending we’ve got a lot to show for it, because admitting what a disaster it’s been is too tough to digest. But come on. There really isn’t an upside to Trump.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...uit-documents/

Thanks

Trump says he is about to be arrested.

Good.

Let's get this over with, one way or another.

I think that a major reason he is running again is to throw leverage against this possible indictment.

https://apnews.com/article/trump-arr...6b4157b34160ae

Thanks

The Georgia case has more potential. An indictment there also has more relevance to the situation America finds itself in presently.