Thread: HOW TO MARK YOUR LISTING "SOLD" ... HOW TO MARK YOUR LISTING "SOLD" <---LOOK HERE!!!

Thanks
    Thanked 6,390 Times in 2,505 Posts

Cool HOW TO MARK YOUR LISTING "SOLD" ... HOW TO MARK YOUR LISTING "SOLD" <---LOOK HERE!!!

** When you've sold or withdrawn your item, this is how you mark your listing SOLD:

SOLD.jpg
    (The alternative method: Edit Post - then in the upper left corner, change your Prefix to SOLD.)

To help Tapatalk users, first edit your original post by typing SOLD as the first word before following the above instructions.

** Please do not allow your Inbox to fill to the maximum and thereby block incoming messages between potential buyers and sellers.

** Please do not post "PM sent" in threads.

Here is Zhivago's post from the old thread where he makes a valid point about posting "pm sent" in For Sale threads:

...if you are going to do that, you really should be ready to buy the item or close to it. Recently, I've been contacted by pm senters who only had a question about the item or had a trade to propose...and in each case they didn't end up buying them. As we know, not everyone is aware of the red 'sold' thingy this thread is dedicated to, so seeing 'pm sent' could easily throw someone off as to the availability of an item. ...be ready to send money before you post your 'pm sent.'

**Please do not post commentary* in fellow members' For Sale listings.

If the urge to comment is overwhelming, contact the seller by private messenger, which affords him the opportunity to edit his listing, or post your comment in the relevant topical forum.

*Commentary examples: criticism of price or item; objection to listing's format or bumping; casual observations likely to foment further commentary. (A warning of fraud supported by evidence is an exception.)

**Please do not “bump” simultaneously more than five listings as a group in one day.

It’s unfair to fellow members’ listings being prematurely pushed down or off the front page.
    Last edited by FredRydr; March 8th, 2024 at 08:07 AM.

2. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to FredRydr For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

calamus (December 2nd, 2018), farmdogfan (May 17th, 2017), fpnut (May 28th, 2018), GiaSophia (April 16th, 2017), Haefennasiel (April 3rd, 2017), Marioferu (May 11th, 2018), Marsilius (March 10th, 2017), Mori45 (March 17th, 2018), pensplash (May 20th, 2017), R.A. Stewart (April 26th, 2017), sfarkhan (September 30th, 2018), Zhivago (February 8th, 2023)

Thanks

Default Re: HOW TO MARK YOUR LISTING "SOLD" ... HOW TO MARK YOUR LISTING "SOLD" <---LOOK HERE

Quote Originally Posted by FredRydr View Post
    To clean up a pile of your unmarked threads of items you've sold:
    - Click on [Search Forum]
    - Click on [Advanced Search]
    - Type in your own User Name
    - From drop down menu, select [Find Threads Started by User]
    - Click on [Search]

You will then have a list of all your For Sale threads, and you can mark them SOLD (see image, below).

"Why bother?" you may ask. It's the only way to indicate items are sold in the index of thread titles. Consider it a courtesy to the rest of us.

Also, here is Zhivago's post from the old thread where he makes a valid point:

Quote Originally Posted by Zhivago View Post
    I'll bump this useful thread with a slightly related point and a quibble of mine. I certainly don't object to members posting 'pm sent' in for sale threads here. However, if you are going to do that, you really should be ready to buy the item or close to it. Recently, I've been contacted by pm senters who only had a question about the item or had a trade to propose. The pens in question going to them were hardly sure things, and in each case they didn't end up buying them.

As we know, not everyone is aware of the red 'sold' thingy this thread is dedicated to, so seeing 'pm sent' could easily throw someone off as to the availability of an item. Again, this is only a quibble, not something to be angry or outraged over. But please do be ready to send money before you post your 'pm sent.'

Last edited by fpnut; August 31st, 2018 at 05:51 PM.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to fpnut For This Useful Post:

Chrissy (June 17th, 2020)

Thanks

Default Re: HOW TO MARK YOUR LISTING "SOLD" ... HOW TO MARK YOUR LISTING "SOLD" <---LOOK HERE

I'm using Tapatalk on my cellphone and just cannot figure out how to mark a thread as sold. Any ideas?

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk

6. The Following User Says Thank You to heraclitus682 For This Useful Post:

inkyinfluencer (July 1st, 2021)

Thanks
    Thanked 10,367 Times in 3,978 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by heraclitus682 View Post
    I'm using Tapatalk on my cellphone and just cannot figure out how to mark a thread as sold. Any ideas?

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk
    Difficult because I haven't used Tapatalk since I bought my iPhone.
    When you look at your For Sale or WTB thread what are the choices along the grey bar or is it not there at all?

Did you follow this instruction from Fred's first post before trying?

N.B. The Tapatalk app does not show that a thread has been marked Sold. To help Tapatalk users, first edit your original post by typing SOLD as the first word before following the above instructions.
    Regards, Chrissy | My Review Blog: inkyfountainpens

Thanks

This needs a bump as new members aren't finding it.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,798 Times in 943 Posts

but it's sticky now.
    Fountain Pen Sith Lord | Daakusaido | Everything in one spot

10. The Following User Says Thank You to KrazyIvan For This Useful Post:

Kiineo (April 21st, 2022)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by KrazyIvan View Post
    but it's sticky now.
    Yes it is. Sadly I momentarily forgot that but hoped if it appeared as a new post some might read it.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Chrissy For This Useful Post:

KrazyIvan (October 13th, 2021)

Thanks

How do you "delete" the ads?

Thanks
    Thanked 6,390 Times in 2,505 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sketch and Doodle View Post
    How do you "delete" the ads?
    Your initial post cannot be deleted. Choose the Edit function and edit all the text by replacing with something like "Sold" or "Withdrawn" or even "." You may delete your subsequent posts by choosing the Edit function and click on the Delete box. You may also edit your subject line, but you only have a few minutes after the initial post was created or the edited version will not change the subject that appears in the topic list. Be sure to mark it SOLD as described above, which closes the thread.
    Last edited by FredRydr; September 9th, 2023 at 05:04 AM.