Thread: Ink Review: Diamine Teal

Thanks
    Thanked 10,489 Times in 4,012 Posts

Default Ink Review: Diamine Teal

Today I’m reviewing Diamine Teal
    I’ve gone back to this colour to try it out, although I had a small sample in a tube for quite a long time but never used it. I decided to go back to it now as my interest in this type of colour was piqued when I reviewed Diamine Eau de Nil.

For my money this is not a typical teal. Like many inky experimenters, I have made my own teal inks by mixing blue and green ink, and that is the colour I’ve come to expect as teal. Diamine Teal, though certainly a mixture of blue and green dyes on it’s chroma test, leans slightly more blue than I expected. I actually liked it more because of this. It’s a deep ocean blue-green colour.

It felt reasonably dry by comparison to some other inks I’ve used recently, and it’s drying time on all papers was super quick.

Apart from it’s dryness, I found it well behaved in my pens, on the papers I tested it with. It also cleaned out easily and washed off of my hands easily. So it’s not a heavy stainer.

It’s an easy going ink, that is reasonably saturated, and exhibits some shading on many papers. It also produced some traces of sheen. I liked it best in my Waterman Preface M nib as I felt that showed up the shading better than the Lamy 1.1mm nib.

• This isn't sold as a waterproof ink, but it has some water resistance.
    • Bearing in mind the review form paper I use is thick with a quite shiny surface at 100gsm, and I used several different nibs, this ink took 3-5 secs secs to dry. That’s very quick on this paper.
    • No smear after dry.
    • It exhibited good flow and I found it reasonably smooth to write with. I saw no skips or hard starts while I did swabs and dry time tests.
    • It is currently available in 80ml glass bottles or 30ml plastic bottles.
    • Diamine sell it directly to end-users on their web-site.
    • It's a reasonable price.

Diamine Teal.jpegDiamine Teal 2.jpegDiamine Teal 1.jpeg
    Last edited by Chrissy; February 19th, 2017 at 01:24 AM.

2. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Chrissy For This Useful Post:

carlos.q (February 18th, 2017), datainadequate (February 18th, 2017), Jay UK (August 13th, 2020), KKay (February 18th, 2017), Lady Onogaro (February 18th, 2017), Marsilius (February 18th, 2017), ppmiranda (February 18th, 2017), titrisol (February 19th, 2018)

Thanks

Default Re: Ink Review: Diamine Teal

Nice review. Thanks!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ppmiranda View Post
    Nice review. Thanks!
    You're welcome.

Thanks

Great review - thank you. This is a funny ink for me. I see it on old notes I've made and I think to myself how nice it looks. Then I'll load it up into a M800 and will fall in love all over again...before tiring of it two days later and flushing over a mil of ink. I think I'll keep my 30ml bottle but won't necessarily be getting an 80ml to replace it.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BayesianPrior View Post
    Great review - thank you. This is a funny ink for me. I see it on old notes I've made and I think to myself how nice it looks. Then I'll load it up into a M800 and will fall in love all over again...before tiring of it two days later and flushing over a mil of ink. I think I'll keep my 30ml bottle but won't necessarily be getting an 80ml to replace it.
    You're welcome. I don't have many 80ml bottles of any ink

Thanks

This has just about enough green in it to make me want to try it. Thank you.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dam View Post
    This has just about enough green in it to make me want to try it. Thank you.
    You're welcome. It's very different to Levenger True Teal, that has much more green in it.