Thread: Sheaffer fantasy body sold separately?

Thanks

Default Sheaffer fantasy body sold separately?

I have a sheaffer legacy ii, and I want to get a fantasy body for it. Anyone know if they are ever sold separately? Also, I was wondering if the light body would throw off the balance when it's posted?

Thanks
    Thanked 11,039 Times in 4,010 Posts

Default Re: Sheaffer fantasy body sold separately?

To my knowledge, Jim Rouse (the guy that makes these) doesn't sell them separately. However, you could always drop him an email at Franklin-Christoph and ask. It isn't one of their products, but that is the way to get a hold of him.

As for balance, I actually prefer these pens, as they take just a bit of weight off by not having the metal barrel. Standard Legacies are just a bit too heavy for my taste. BTW, he had some very nice looking models at the LA Pen Show over the weekend!
    "When Men differ in Opinion, both Sides ought equally to have the Advantage of being heard by the Publick;
    and that when Truth and Error have fair Play, the former is always an overmatch for the latter."

~ Benjamin Franklin

Thanks
    Thanked 3,711 Times in 1,610 Posts

Peyton Street pens can likely find an ebonite Indian body for you. Other folk can likely make one for you in wood or acrylic or most anything that strikes your fancy. Try Shawn Newton.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,528 Times in 1,299 Posts

Don't know about the first part. You could try and contact Jim Rouse, as he seems to be the man behind all this. I have a Fantasy Legacy and I post the cap, but my cap is the black version so may be lighter than an all metal one. Also, I have big hands, so the pen settles lower in the web between my forefinger and thumb. This makes the balance feel good to me. Not very helpful I guess.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,798 Times in 943 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jar View Post
    Peyton Street pens can likely find an ebonite Indian body for you. Other folk can likely make one for you in wood or acrylic or most anything that strikes your fancy. Try Shawn Newton.
    I asked Shawn Newton, he will not make one. He said the threads are a pain. He tried once and it was a disaster.
    Fountain Pen Sith Lord | Daakusaido | Everything in one spot

Thanks
    Thanked 3,788 Times in 1,642 Posts

I have an orange/black one and, as far as I know, they only come out of Franklin-Christoph. Speerbob on eBay usually has the pens for sale, perhaps he also has parts.
    "Nolo esse salus sine vobis ...” —St. Augustine