Thread: 45 GT Flighter / DeLuxe. Clip Loose. Help/Advice.

Thanks

Default 45 GT Flighter / DeLuxe. Clip Loose. Help/Advice.

Have just received a 45 Flighter DeLuxe that I had purchased and have found that the Arrow Clip is loose and flopping around. It is still attached to the cap.

From a drawing I have identified that the G/Plated jewel/tassie is threaded and that the clip has a circular fixing under the jewel. I suspect that it is possible that this circular part may in fact be broken.

In an attempt to see if I can repair the clip I have tried to unscrew the top jewel but cannot make it move. Can anyone offer advice on how this jewel can be loosened so as to unscrew. I find it very small to actually get any grip on and have tried using a piece of flexible rubber as a grip and so as not to mark/damage the jewel.

Many thanks, Regards.

Thanks

Default Re: 45 GT Flighter / DeLuxe. Clip Loose. Help/Advice.

Put the eraser end of a pencil, using a pencil with a mostly intact eraser, into the cap to hold the one end while holding a piece of something rubbery, like one of the rubbery pads used to open difficult jars, against the jewel and unscrewing.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to pajaro For This Useful Post:

titrisol (March 3rd, 2017)

Thanks

I have tried that and cannot get enough grip on the jewel to actually make any movement at all.
    Regards

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jarc View Post
    I have tried that and cannot get enough grip on the jewel to actually make any movement at all.
    Regards
    I have the same problem with a 51 ballpoint: I can't get the jewel to unscrew. I think mine is cross-threaded. I would send the 51 ballpoint off, but I think most of the repairers won't work on ballpoints. I even have a tool somebody made that has a rubber thick pad to push hard on the jewel while unscrewing. This method has worked on 51 fountain pens to unscrew the cap jewel or screw it on tight.