Thread: A little help needed

Thanks

Default A little help needed

Hello and greetings FPGeeks,

I may or may not buy a Platinum 3776 century fountain pen. If I were, I have considered J-Subculture for buying it as they have amazing prices. The thing is I am unsure of the site. Is it reliable, is the delivery guaranteed if I were to choose EMS expedited shipping, is it safe are all the questions coming to my mind. Can someone help me out?

Thanks
    Thanked 10,473 Times in 4,007 Posts

Default Re: A little help needed

i have never personally purchased a pen from J-Subculture, but I've heard of them, and I know many fountain pen users have purchased from them. If their price is the best one you have found, and you make sure you pay using PayPal, then you should be safe enough, and get a good deal.

Expedited shipping is quicker but more expensive. SAL takes a couple of weeks or maybe even longer.

If you don't receive it, you would get your money back from PayPal or maybe even your credit card (depending on where you are in the world)

J-Subculture are also market place sellers on Amazon. You would have their iron clad return policy to fall back on if you bought it via Amazon.

I recommend you choose your nib size carefully. You really don't want to make a poor choice and not like it as returning it would be much more of an irritation.
    Last edited by Chrissy; March 11th, 2017 at 02:18 AM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Chrissy View Post
    i have never personally purchased a pen from J-Subculture, but I've heard of them, and I know many fountain pen users have purchased from them. If their price is the best one you have found, and you make sure you pay using PayPal, then you should be safe enough, and get a good deal.

Expedited shipping is quicker but more expensive. SAL takes a couple of weeks or maybe even longer.

If you don't receive it, you would get your money back from PayPal or maybe even your credit card (depending on where you are in the world)

J-Subculture are also market place sellers on Amazon. You would have their iron clad return policy to fall back on if you bought it via Amazon.

I recommend you choose your nib size carefully. You really don't want to make a poor choice and not like it as returning it would be much more of an irritation.
    Thanks Chrissy. If I am going for it, I would get it in a medium which would be much more like between western extra fine and fine as platinum nibs are a hair finer than most Japanese nibs.

Thanks

Don't forget to try engeika.com

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SIR View Post
    Don't forget to try engeika.com
    I wouldn't bother. The last time I ordered something from engeika I had to contact PayPal to get my money back because there was no contact and no confirmation of posting after 10 days.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chrissy For This Useful Post:

jacksterp (April 26th, 2017), KKay (June 7th, 2017)

Thanks

Really? I had observed recently that they had substantially less stock offered for sale then six or so months ago - maybe they are winding down?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SIR View Post
    Really? I had observed recently that they had substantially less stock offered for sale then six or so months ago - maybe they are winding down?
    When the latest Sailor Jentle inks came out, he supposedly had them in stock at a very good price. Until you ordered and paid that was. Then nothing happened. I wasn't the only person who mentioned the problem at that time.

Thanks

Sad news.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Adit View Post
    Hello and greetings FPGeeks,

I may or may not buy a Platinum 3776 century fountain pen. If I were, I have considered J-Subculture for buying it as they have amazing prices. The thing is I am unsure of the site. Is it reliable, is the delivery guaranteed if I were to choose EMS expedited shipping, is it safe are all the questions coming to my mind. Can someone help me out?
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrissy View Post

Depending on model, Amazon is worth a look too. I got Chartres from a seller in Japan for 2/3 the UK price. Took 3 weeks to get here but the price was good and as Chrissy states you have the surety of Amazon delivery. sadly he didn't offer prime r expedited delivery

Thanks

Thanks but I am looking for expedited registered shipping with tracking because here in the UAE the postal system is a bit strange. My USPS First class never reached me and the Goulet Pen Company had to ship my package again through FedEx.