Thread: Ink Review: Diamine Cool Green

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,502 Times in 4,015 Posts

Default Ink Review: Diamine Cool Green

Today I’m reviewing a sample of Diamine Cool Green

It’s an interesting blue/green, slightly dark greenish turquoise colour. This shade reminds me of my Viridian Green pigment. I found it had good flow while I was writing with it. I didn’t see any spread or feathering, nor any woolly line with the F nib. I saw a couple of signs of woolly line on the Oxford paper with the wet Jinhao M nib. However, that nib had just been dipped into the ink.

Sadly, on the review form, I managed to get some water from the water test to run all the way across the page before I blotted it. So some of the writing in the Further Notes/Observations has been water damaged.

Cool Green looks quite saturated, especially with my broader nibs. The M and BB nibs also made it look a darker colour. It exhibited plenty of very attractive shading with all of the nibs I used.

I found it behaved very well, and I like it. I didn’t experience any clogging or clean-up problems with it. In fact clean-up was very easy. It washes off hands with soap and water.

It’s darker and more saturated than Pelikan Edelstein Jade.

• This isn't sold as a waterproof ink, but it has reasonable water resistance.
    • Bearing in mind the review form paper I use is thick with a quite shiny surface at 100gsm, and I used several different nibs, this ink dried very quickly with the F nib, but as it’s a wet ink it took longer to dry when I used my broader nibs.
    • No smear after dry.
    • It exhibited good flow and I found it very smooth to write with. I saw no skips or hard starts while I did swabs and dry time tests.
    • It is currently available in 80ml glass bottles or 30ml plastic bottles.
    • Diamine sell it directly to end-users on their web-site.
    • It's a reasonable price.

Diamine Cool Green.jpegDiamine Cool Greena.jpgDiamine Cool Greenb.jpgDiamine Cool Greenc.jpg
    Chroma Test
    Diamine Cool Green.jpg
    Last edited by Chrissy; April 21st, 2019 at 01:32 AM.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chrissy For This Useful Post:

KKay (March 20th, 2017), naimitsu (March 22nd, 2017)