Thread: New Aurora Blue-Black - in the UK.

Thanks

Default New Aurora Blue-Black - in the UK.

I received a sample bottle of the new Aurora Blue-Black, kindly sent to me by Kirit Dal, Aurora UK, and here's one of my short reviews. There are plenty of other reviews where swabs, pictures of the bottle etc have been included, so I'm just concentrating how it looks when written with.
    The ink is in an Aurora 88 large with F nib. It's smooth, flows well and even with that nib, exhibits some shading.

I received a sample bottle of the new Aurora Blue-Black, kindly sent to me by Kirit Dal, Aurora UK, and here's one of my short reviews. There are plenty of other reviews where swabs, pictures of the bottle etc have been included, so I'm just concentrating how it looks when written with.
    The ink is in an Aurora 88 large with F nib. It's smooth, flows well and even with that nib, exhibits some shading.

I've only compared it to a couple of my 'blue-black' inks that, in my opinion, show close similarities. There are many others out there that might look similar as well, but might not have the words 'blue-black' in their names. Likewise, there are many called 'blue-black' that bear no resemblance to the Aurora.
    Therefore, I've not spent the time writing samples of another dozen or so of my inks for this simple review.

I also did a simple soak test, using my usual method. The paper was soaked for 30 minutes then rinsed for about 15 seconds before drying.
    As you can see, there is still a very reasonable amount of legibility from the Aurora Blue-Black, without the 'run' of others. I included the Noodler's Black as a 'control' comparison.

So to sum up: it's a great ink and will fit into the market nicely, in my opinion. It should be available from the usual UK retailers soon, if not already!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    The Good Captain
    (Gaston F Limoges)
    "Meddler's 'Salamander' - almost as good as the real thing!"

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to The Good Captain For This Useful Post:

AzJon (March 22nd, 2017), carlos.q (March 20th, 2017), conib (November 5th, 2017), da vinci (March 20th, 2017), grainweevil (March 20th, 2017), KKay (March 20th, 2017), Marsilius (March 20th, 2017)

Thanks

Default Re: New Aurora Blue-Black - in the UK.

I like Aurora Black and am looking forward to purchasing a bottle of blue black the next time I see Mr Dal at a pen show!

Thanks

I have this ink, and I love it. It is very well behaved too.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,193 Times in 1,423 Posts

How does the blue-black flow compared to the Aurora Black?

Thanks

I am not sure about the flow comparison, as I have only tried it in two pens so far. I will say that I don't think it is as lubricated as the black. It is still nicely lubricated, just not quite as lubricated as the black feels. It is neither dry, nor super wet. I think it is fairly wet, but I think I read someone else thought it was a little dry. I guess it depends on the pen you are using.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,193 Times in 1,423 Posts

Thanks--that would be my guess. I love the black's lubricated feel, but the blue black looks a little drier.

Thanks

I really like this ink. It is a great workhorse ink for me. I have been using this ink on a regular basis since I got it. I am thrilled with it in fact.

Thanks

Thanks for this, I've just ordered a bottle.