Thread: Leaving Pen Collecting. World's best Parker Vacumatic collection. $250,000

Thanks

Default Leaving Pen Collecting. World's best Parker Vacumatic collection. $250,000

Hi,

Lately my hospital work has grown more intense. I'm needed there more. And the nice people there take good care of me. So,the bad news is that I have decided it is time to give up collecting pens. I need something a bit more warm and fuzzy in my hobby life, so I plan to open a Puggle breeding facility. Saw one at a pen show and just fell in love with the wee critters, beagle-pug mixes. Saving grace is, if i tire of dealing with them, they can be used as hot dogs too. To this end I am starting to liquidate my pen collection, initially with the plan to sell what is one of the world's most comprehensive Parker Vacumatic fountain pen collections in one fell swoop. Anyway, I'm not up for nickle-and-diming the pen collection sale. I'd prefer to offer it at a discount, including exotica, oversizes, ephemera, mint pens, orginal catalogues, point-of-sale neon sign etc. Probably have around 650 pens.

I want this done quickly, so orders will be entertained until 945am Central Time today. $250,000 or best offer. Give a yell quickly to help me finance the Puggle factory. Don't miss this wonderful opportunity.

STOCK not limited to:

King-of-Series Imperial Coronet
    Rare off catalogue "cobra-skin" Vacumatic
    20 Parker Vacumatic Prototypes including "Dahlberg" variants.
    20 rare "Vacumatic Cap-Band" pens
    70 Maximas/Oversizes
    50+ Mint Pens.
    Dozens better variants- complete set Senior, Shadowwave, Golden Web etc.
    Many Diamond Medal re-badged Vacs.
    Hundreds of Majors, Juniors, Standards, etc
    Holy Water Sprinkler
    Thermometer
    Exotica like the Dread Overmax
    Several original and copy catalogues
    Vacumatic table cases and trays.
    Dozen Imperials, Imperial Signet,
    20 Canadian Gold-band pens.
    50 Vacuum Fillers and Golden Arrows.
    70 striped Vac-fill Duofolds

David R. Isaacson, MD

http://www.vacumania.com : Sales site for guaranteed, restored collectible pens.

The Fountain Pen Board /FPnuts : Archived Message Board with focus on vintage.

The Fountain Pen Journal: The new glossy full-color print magazine, published/edited by iconic fountain pen author Paul Erano.

Facebook pen group "Fountain Pens"/FPnuts: Davey's casual Facebook group for collectible pens.
    31000 members and growing. World's heftiest daily vintage pen eye candy

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to david i For This Useful Post:

amk (April 5th, 2017), Dreck (April 1st, 2017), jmccarty3 (April 11th, 2017), kevmid (April 1st, 2017), Mags (April 3rd, 2017)

Thanks

Default Re: Leaving Pen Collecting. World's best Parker Vacumatic collection. $250,000

Cute dogs. But I can't help notice what day it is....

Thanks

Default Re: Leaving Pen Collecting. World's best Parker Vacumatic collection. $250,000

... just sent a check over €250.000.-, hope you don't mind the different currency...

Thanks

David, would you take $249,000?

Thanks
    Thanked 3,712 Times in 1,610 Posts

It's about time you got out of the way and allowed some of us to join the hunt. Now I imagine you plan on cornering the Puggle market?

Thanks

I'd imagine a post dated cheque would be o.k. - say around 2050, by which time I should be well and truly stiff.

Thanks

Dr Isaacson voluntarily leaves pen collecting......

Has someone broken the seventh seal?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,254 Times in 562 Posts

Am I too late?

Thanks

Next April 1, what will the price be for the Puggle Factory? No hot dogs....
    We have met the enemy and he is us.
    -Pogo

Thanks
    Thanked 1,079 Times in 656 Posts

You seem to like things that leave stains.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    M: I came here for a good argument.
    A: No you didn't; no, you came here for an argument.
    M: An argument isn't just contradiction.
    A: It can be.
    M: No it can't. An argument is a connected series of statements intended to establish a proposition.
    A: No it isn't.
    M: Yes it is! It's not just contradiction.
    A: Look, if I argue with you, I must take up a contrary position.
    M: Yes, but that's not just saying 'No it isn't.'
    A: Yes it is!
    M: No it isn't!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Lloyd For This Useful Post:

kevmid (April 1st, 2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,290 Times in 837 Posts

David,

I have that bridge in Brooklyn still available as well. I would be willing to do a straight trade and the tolls are direct deposit so you will continue to have income from it as well.

Hoping you consider it.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by david i View Post
    Hi,

Lately my hospital work has grown more intense. I'm needed there more. And the nice people there take good care of me. So,the bad news is that I have decided it is time to give up collecting pens. I need something a bit more warm and fuzzy in my hobby life, so I plan to open a Puggle breeding facility. Saw one at a pen show and just fell in love with the wee critters, beagle-pug mixes. Saving grace is, if i tire of dealing with them, they can be used as hot dogs too. To this end I am starting to liquidate my pen collection, initially with the plan to sell what is one of the world's most comprehensive Parker Vacumatic fountain pen collections in one fell swoop. Anyway, I'm not up for nickle-and-diming the pen collection sale. I'd prefer to offer it at a discount, including exotica, oversizes, ephemera, mint pens, orginal catalogues, point-of-sale neon sign etc. Probably have around 650 pens.

I want this done quickly, so orders will be entertained until 945am Central Time today. $250,000 or best offer. Give a yell quickly to help me finance the Puggle factory. Don't miss this wonderful opportunity.

STOCK not limited to:

King-of-Series Imperial Coronet
    Rare off catalogue "cobra-skin" Vacumatic
    20 Parker Vacumatic Prototypes including "Dahlberg" variants.
    20 rare "Vacumatic Cap-Band" pens
    70 Maximas/Oversizes
    50+ Mint Pens.
    Dozens better variants- complete set Senior, Shadowwave, Golden Web etc.
    Many Diamond Medal re-badged Vacs.
    Hundreds of Majors, Juniors, Standards, etc
    Holy Water Sprinkler
    Thermometer
    Exotica like the Dread Overmax
    Several original and copy catalogues
    Vacumatic table cases and trays.
    Dozen Imperials, Imperial Signet,
    20 Canadian Gold-band pens.
    50 Vacuum Fillers and Golden Arrows.
    70 striped Vac-fill Duofolds

Good one!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks

David, please reconsider opening a breeding facility. There are so many desperate animals in shelters that need homes.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bob View Post
    David, please reconsider opening a breeding facility. There are so many desperate animals in shelters that need homes.
    My username is BOB, but you nice folks can call me Gullible. Y'all can all stop laughing now

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bob For This Useful Post:

Ahriman4891 (April 4th, 2017), carlc (April 3rd, 2017), ethernautrix (April 3rd, 2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,282 Times in 556 Posts

Thanks, Bob. I thought I was the only who got through April Fool's Day unscathed. Almost! Only two more hours in Poland. I guess I let my guard down. And I guess I can imagine someone's wanting to divest their pens. And who doesn't love puppies?! COME ON!

Thanks

My username is BOB, but you nice folks can call me Gullible. Y'all can all stop laughing now
    Laughing? No. It was a fine sentiment. Possibly envisioning B.O.B from Monsters vs. Aliens? Er... just a little bit.

I just can't believe that an FP April Fool had two pictures of dogs, and no pictures of pens. I mean really, how interesting believable was that ever going to be?

Thanks

Davids April fools joke was likely well thought out. When he said that his medical duties were taking up a lot of his time and couldn't focus as much on pens, that was fine but when he mentioned the puppy thing, all I could think about is how is breeding dogs gonna be less time consuming than pens. That's when he had me hook line and sinker. I was even mad at him.

GOOD ONE, DOCTOR ISAACS.

Thanks

[ATTACH=CONFIG]31505[/ATTACH

Striped pug feels very nervous.
    Attached Images Attached Images

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Fermata For This Useful Post:

Chrissy (April 6th, 2017)