Thread: Hello

Thanks

Default Hello

Good idea that quiz - or I think so. I'm not sure I need another pen forum in my life, but I'll give it a go.

I'm from the middle of the United States (continental). I'm a husband, father, grand father, second career pastor, student (Seminary), obsessed accumulator of fp's for the last nine years - an avid user of fp's for the last 15 years or so.
    I primarily accumulate vintage pens but have a fair number of modern pens in the stash. I do most of my own repairs and have been doing that for nine years - a strong correlation to the obsessed accumulator phase (ebay) and learning to repair my own pens.
    I prefer pens with a filling system other than c/c but it's not a deal breaker. I carry fp's every day and use them 99.99% of the time.
    My ink preferences are Black, Blue, Blue Black and a few others - but having said that, I sure have a lot of bottles of ink, h'mmmm
    I hang around on Fountain Pen Network quite a bit - also Pentrace and Zoss a little. I started on acp-p nine years ago and enjoyed the conversations with the likes of Hal Arnold and Frank Dubiel. I miss those guys.

Enough for now.

Thanks

Ahoy Kelly G,

Nice to "meet" you!

I love vintage pens, but I've not yet tried my hand at any sort of repair. I either buy them restored or send them out.

Your ink choices match mine to a tee - but I also seem to have zillions of ink bottles. I don't know how that happens. The just multiply =)

I'm glad you're here, Kelly G!

Eric
    Son of Ragnar

Thanks
    Thanked 1,837 Times in 439 Posts

Kelly,

Welcome! It's great to have you here.
    We can all use another FP forum, can't we? Besides, each offers its own advantages.
    Middle of the US, you say? Me too. Iowa to be exact.
    I agree with you, I prefer pens with a filling system other than C/C. Although, it usually is a deal breaker for me unless it has a wicked awesome nib or I'm really in love the material/feel.
    As opposed to you and eriquito I use a wide variety of inks all the time. My 146 with an OB nib has Levenger Pinkly in it - a blindingly bright ink. I love it.

Anyway, have a look around. I see you already found the chatbox (it was good chatting with you).

dan