Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ink for Checks

Thanks

Default Re: Ink for Checks

If I still wrote checks, I'd probably use a fine-point Sharpie. For endorsing the rare received check, I use whatever pen I have on me at the time.

Thanks

TV antennas have come a long way since their humble beginnings as the tall, metal structures seen atop some homes in the early days of television. Today, TV antennas are used for a variety of purposes, from providing access to local broadcast channels to streaming digital media. But what is a TV antenna, exactly? And how can you use one? Read on to learn all about TV antennas and their uses. https://tvantennahub.com/best-omnidi...r-rural-areas/

Thanks

I typically use Pelikan 4001 Blue Black. It's a mild iron gall ink. I have had to buy my last few bottles from vendors outside the US (UK) as Pelikan hasn't officially imported into the US since at least 2012, maybe longer.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    Brad "Words are, of course, the most powerful drug used by mankind" - Rudyard Kipling

"None of us can have as many virtues as the fountain-pen, or half its cussedness; but we can try." - Mark Twain

Thanks
    Thanked 10,466 Times in 4,006 Posts

I use my Pilot Capless with Pilot Blue ink. and have done for years without a problem. That is also the pen and ink combination I use to write names and addresses on envelopes and no-one has complained yet. When it's dry I rub a candle over it on the envelopes. Just for safety.
    Regards, Chrissy | My Review Blog: inkyfountainpens

Thanks

Here in this part of the world, checks are still "fashionable". We write, for example, 12 PDC (post dated checks - future dated checks) to cover contract for 12 months of rent, 36 PDC checks to cover that 3-year car loan, etc. etc. You get the drift.

For this reason, I want the checks to be written with permanent ink so that it can withstand any mishaps that may befall it in the intervening time it is in someone's care and the time it is eventually cashed in by the payee. Heaven forbid I am requested to re-write those many many checks because someone accidentally spilled their coffee on it. Avoiding criminal shenanigans is an added bonus, of course.

Before I rediscovered fountain pens, I'd write checks using the Uniball Signo. Now, I use mostly Noodler's bulletproof line of inks for this purpose.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to WHITE For This Useful Post:

Lloyd (March 26th, 2023)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,852 Times in 806 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by WHITE View Post
    Here in this part of the world, checks are still "fashionable". We write, for example, 12 PDC (post dated checks - future dated checks) to cover contract for 12 months of rent, 36 PDC checks to cover that 3-year car loan, etc. etc. You get the drift.
    That seems like a very odd “credit” system. What part of the world is that?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by carlos.q View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by WHITE View Post
    That seems like a very odd “credit” system. What part of the world is that?
    Philippines to be exact. It's not really odd, but yeah, it is old-school and in this age of e-everything, quite inconvenient.

If you're a landlord, you'd want post dated checks so that you won't be bothered to knock on your tenants' door every month begging for the rent due. A check in hand is better than a promise from tenant/s to pay in cash or what have you, on so and so date. If the check bounces, you can show that later on as undeniable proof that tenant/s had bad faith, especially if things go so bad that you have to haul them to court.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to WHITE For This Useful Post:

Robert (March 27th, 2023)