Thread: forum rules suggestions

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,731 Times in 1,976 Posts

Default Re: forum rules suggestions

Quote Originally Posted by FredRydr View Post
    All things considered, this forum has done quite well without moderation. Peer pressure just takes longer to bring about change in behavior. I've also warmed to and gained respect towards every fellow member (except one) whose conduct I've found offensive at one time or another. Had a moderator stepped in with shift reaction, those occasional miscreants might have been lost to me. In some respects, this lack of moderation is an experiment in patience, toleration and acceptance.

Fred
    I agree, Fred.
    Personally, I welcome the perspective of a self-monitored small-ish community such as this one because I think we have a good combination of active members who don't always agree with one another <-- that would have been booooring, but are civil and reason-able enough that we do more than just tolerate each other.

Or -- since I don't know anything about him -- maybe the owner of this forum just want to conduct a social experiment with us
    - Will
    Unique and restored vintage pens: Redeem Pens

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to penwash For This Useful Post:

carlc (April 15th, 2017), catbert (April 15th, 2017), Jon Szanto (April 15th, 2017)