Thread: forum rules suggestions

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,193 Times in 1,423 Posts

Default forum rules suggestions

In view of an apparent lack of moderation by admin, and in view of some requests on other threads that we have a clearer set of rules, if only by generally accepted consensus, and in view of the fact that I have been critical of the nature and tone of angry personal posts at fpgeeks, I thought that I would be the change in the (fpgeek) world that I have been hoping for.

With these ideas in mind I offer the following and will step aside and let others add, subtract, etc. See what happens.

Posting guidelines:

1) Conduct oneself through kindness.
    2) Limit generalizations to collections of facts and experiences that you have specifically witnessed with pens, inks, etc.
    3) Focus on the pen, ink, paper (etc) item or topic, not the person making the post that you are responding to.
    4) Cast no aspersions toward any living things or groups or categories of living things.
    5) Help other members with information and experiences; reserve judgments.

I am purposely keeping the list short, but you can do with it what you want. This is just a conversation; hopefully, a civil one.

2. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to TSherbs For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

catbert (April 12th, 2017), Deb (April 12th, 2017), Empty_of_Clouds (April 12th, 2017), fountainpagan (April 12th, 2017), fpnut (April 13th, 2017), jar (April 12th, 2017), jmccarty3 (June 15th, 2017), Lady Onogaro (April 11th, 2017), R.A. Stewart (April 13th, 2017), Sailor Kenshin (April 12th, 2017), Sammyo (April 11th, 2017), TropicalPenGal (April 12th, 2017), Woody (April 13th, 2017), writingrav (April 11th, 2017)