Thread: Vintage pend

Thanks

Default Vintage pend

I cleaned up a vintage Conklin piston filler and a couple of others. I'm writing with them but for some reason I keep thinking that while I'm writing the pen is going to start leaking and drain ink everywhere.
    I know it is probably far fetched but I still think it.

Thanks

Default Re: Vintage pend

Have an absorbent rag handy and keep enjoying the pens... many of us have been down that road, but pens usually don't suddenly spring a leak while writing. It is more likely that something happens during filling (piston seal breaks, cracks open up) or during transportation (better use a rigid case for potentially brittle pens, or leave them at your home desk).
    Last edited by inklord; April 12th, 2017 at 05:02 AM. Reason: typo

Thanks

Default Re: Vintage pend

Yep, sometimes you have to be careful after you drop your backpack or swing it wide over your back and then remember the pen is in there. Also, some pens like eyedroppers will burp out ink when they are almost empty. I know an older gentleman who fixes pens who reminds me that old pens are like old people: they leak. But even New pens do this. I learn by occasional leaks which pens I need to leave home. But part of the excitement is to live dangerously.
    Cool you to fix those pens up! Enjoy!
    Fortibus es in ero