Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Tell us about pens or inks that caught your attention recently

Thanks
    Thanked 6,703 Times in 1,972 Posts

Default Tell us about pens or inks that caught your attention recently

As FP Geeks, we all read, hear, get the brochure, look at others' collections, etc.
    So we must have a few pens and inks in the radar most of the time if not all the time.

Share up to three of your new findings that interest you, be it newly released modern pen / ink or vintage ones that you've just discover or fall in love with. Of course, since this is a discussion forum, you don't have to only share your findings, but also consider giving more info about the pens or inks mentioned.

Let me start:

1. Visconti Brunelleschi - that terracota + resin material and the color just intrigue me to no end. Anybody got one?
    2. Vintage IBIS pens from Pelikan - I just restored one recently, so I'm now curious about this brand. Anyone happen to have a collection of them?
    3. Lamy Petrol ink - I'm a sucker for green/blue/teal inks, so I'm hoping this ink's color is as cool as I think it is.

Let's start the discussion.
    - Will
    Unique and restored vintage pens: Redeem Pens

Thanks

Default Re: Tell us about pens or inks that caught your attention recently

I've been very intrigued by Visconti as of late. I've recently acquired a Homo Sapiens London Fog to add to my Homo Sapiens Steel Age Oversize and Giacomo Cassanoca Erotica Art Pen. I'd love to add a Homo Sapiens Corsani Edition as well as the other Homo Sapiens LE's. Red Wine, Crystal Swirls, etc.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Thanked 6,390 Times in 2,505 Posts

I've put a Nakaya Neo Standard Heki-tamenuri with a fine soft nib in the nibs.com checkout cart. But I didn't pull the trigger. Yet.

I never owned or tried one of these pens. I'm intrigued.

Fred

Thanks

The new brown pelikan is very pretty. Not sure if I am ready to make the leap into pelikan ownership yet though.

Thanks

The new Aurora 88 anniversary edition with a flexible nib. I like some flex, and want to support companies willing to try to make them in the modern world.

Nakayas. My wife loves their looks and I wish I could afford to get her one.

I'm still enamored with the Visconti Homo Sapiens Bronze Age and the Wahl Decoband, but had never has a chance to try either one... Maine is far away from most pen shows!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

6. The Following User Says Thank You to fqgouvea For This Useful Post:

benny40 (April 16th, 2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,712 Times in 1,610 Posts

A middle size Eboya Houju with a medium nib and in Kumpuu Green.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,155 Times in 1,103 Posts

Franklin-Christopher Model 31 Omnis in new Purpurae material. Also their Model 40 Panther with Coco Pearl banding.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by FredRydr View Post
    I've put a Nakaya Neo Standard Heki-tamenuri with a fine soft nib in the nibs.com checkout cart. But I didn't pull the trigger. Yet.

I never owned or tried one of these pens. I'm intrigued.

Fred
    Love my Neo-standard but do wish it had multi-start threads. It does take a bunch of turns to cap or uncap.

Thanks

The Cleo Skribent Classic piston filler, with an EF option recently introduced, intrigues me. Both steel and gold nibs are rather more appealingly priced than Pelikans, but information on them is sparse. Actually their Ebonite model is even more interesting, but unfortunately even further out of the "just curious" price range!

The Manuscript ML1856 caught my eye too, for reasons both good and bad. Some rather gorgeous colours, but that mighty step down could be a problem. More problematic still, I suspect I'd need to have suffered a hefty blow to the head to drop (according to La Couronne du Comte) 135 Euros on a Manuscript pen. Zoicks.

Thanks

All the graf von Faber castells, especially the intuitions.

Montblanc Irish Green

Thanks

I was offered a parker classic fountain pen for under 20 USD. But Because a lack of review and information about that pen, i'm still in considering about it...

The ink that i'm currently is if there a Blue Black that are waterproof and can be used for lineart & watercolour? Currently my option is Sailor Sei-boku, but still searching for other possibility...

Thanks
    Thanked 6,703 Times in 1,972 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by grainweevil View Post
    The Cleo Skribent Classic piston filler, with an EF option recently introduced, intrigues me. Both steel and gold nibs are rather more appealingly priced than Pelikans, but information on them is sparse. Actually their Ebonite model is even more interesting, but unfortunately even further out of the "just curious" price range!

The Manuscript ML1856 caught my eye too, for reasons both good and bad. Some rather gorgeous colours, but that mighty step down could be a problem. More problematic still, I suspect I'd need to have suffered a hefty blow to the head to drop (according to La Couronne du Comte) 135 Euros on a Manuscript pen. Zoicks.
    Thanks for these interesting pens.

I heard of Cleo Skribent, but my impression on them are expensive pens, but I'm a sucker for Ebonite pens and theirs look very cool.

I have a rod of purple-black ebonite and it's *very* hard to get the purple to show after polishing like what they did (unless they photoshop the picture of the pen to oblivion).
    - Will
    Unique and restored vintage pens: Redeem Pens

14. The Following User Says Thank You to penwash For This Useful Post:

grainweevil (April 17th, 2017)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by penwash View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by grainweevil View Post

Thanks for these interesting pens.

I heard of Cleo Skribent, but my impression on them are expensive pens, but I'm a sucker for Ebonite pens and theirs look very cool.

I have a rod of purple-black ebonite and it's *very* hard to get the purple to show after polishing like what they did (unless they photoshop the picture of the pen to oblivion).
    Cleo Skribent is one I keep looking at but unfortunately they do not offer a cartridge filled version.

Thanks

I have my eye on a Visconti Homo Sapiens in Bronze but I haven't had the courage to drop the money on one.

I did just order my second Lamy 2000 in EF to complement my L2k medium.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,528 Times in 1,299 Posts

I'm in my final days of buying, to the extent that I have had an eye on several pens that I ended up buying with a view to selling after experiencing - any loss considered as rental as here is no other way for me to try this stuff - but my interest in buying has almost disappeared. So, just acquired:

1. Parker Duofold "Big Red"
    2. Aurora 88P - semi flexible nib
    3. Wahl-Eversharp woodgrain with #2 flexible nib
    4. Waterman 52 with a supposedly flexible nib.
    5. Kullock burgundy centennial 51
    6. Pelikan 100N

Most if not all will get sold.

Beyond that I was tempted by a wet noodle Waterman (sellers are asking too much IMO, so no go) and Aurora Optima - though this was killed by a recent comment that suggested it was like a tarted up Sailor Realo.

Thanks

I am intrigued by a new (to me) line of pens I just discovered a few days ago: check out the Armando Simoni Bologna Extra Arco Brown here: https://ascpens.com/pages/asc-arco

I do like larger pens, and the story behind the celluloids used for this and other ASC pens is interesting. Alas, the price is a bit steep.

19. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Robert For This Useful Post:

EHV (April 20th, 2017), penwash (April 16th, 2017), TropicalPenGal (April 18th, 2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,282 Times in 556 Posts

I can't say "recently," but I've been intrigued by Pilot's FA nib for a couple of years at least, and even though I already have a PCH912 (PO) (with a second PCH912 (PO) waiting for me to pick it up very soon), I finally ordered the PCH912 (FA). The other Pilot models with the FA option don't appeal to me, so it's three PCH912s for me -- which... I mean, they're not Nakaya Piccolo Cigars, but otherwise they are handsome pens.

The second PCH912 (PO) is not a back-up pen, but to use with another color, since I'm using Platinum Carbon Black in the pen at hand, and that's a high-maintenance ink. It was less painful to buy the second pen than to entertain the idea of the thorough washings between ink changes, especially as I've discovered that I'm a tad more fickle about inks than I'd supposed. (On the bright side, my pens' feeds get flushed often.)

Thanks

New interests: Aurora 88 flex interests me, but way out of my price range. Papier Plume-Pecan & Oyster Grey. Akkerman-Shocking Blue.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to KKay For This Useful Post:

penwash (April 19th, 2017)

Thanks

Oh my........

What can I sell....??? Need both kidneys because I'm diabetic......perhaps....,a lung? LOL.

Incredible. No mention of a limited edition but I'm sure there is limited material. I'm gonna ask the IRS if they will send me next year's return early. Yeah, that'll work.

Quote Originally Posted by Robert View Post
    I am intrigued by a new (to me) line of pens I just discovered a few days ago: check out the Armando Simoni Bologna Extra Arco Brown here: https://ascpens.com/pages/asc-arco

I do like larger pens, and the story behind the celluloids used for this and other ASC pens is interesting. Alas, the price is a bit steep.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by EHV View Post
    Oh my........

What can I sell....???
    EHV - there's an article about the Armando Simoni offerings in the current (April) issue of Pen World. While the Extra Arco Brown would seem to be in a class of its own, there are a couple of other Simoni pens that are very, very nice - - like the Arlecchino 2

25. The Following User Says Thank You to Robert For This Useful Post:

EHV (April 25th, 2017)