Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Tell us about pens or inks that caught your attention recently

Thanks
    Thanked 6,624 Times in 2,698 Posts

Default Re: Tell us about pens or inks that caught your attention recently

Quote Originally Posted by KrazyIvan View Post
    Since Dr. Brown posted about Titan Pens, I have been obsessed with 3D printed pens. I've known about them for some time but did not pursue the idea since I did not have access to a 3D printer. Well, that's changed and so I have been trying to teach myself how to 3D print a fountain pen. I have downloaded some files and am trying to expand on the designs I have found but have not fully committed yet.
    How exciting. Exactly what sort of fountain pens do you plan to design and print? Please can we see some pictures of your results?
    Regards, Chrissy | My Blog: inkyfountainpens

Thanks
    Thanked 1,760 Times in 924 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Chrissy View Post
    Since Dr. Brown posted about Titan Pens, I have been obsessed with 3D printed pens. I've known about them for some time but did not pursue the idea since I did not have access to a 3D printer. Well, that's changed and so I have been trying to teach myself how to 3D print a fountain pen. I have downloaded some files and am trying to expand on the designs I have found but have not fully committed yet.
    How exciting. Exactly what sort of fountain pens do you plan to design and print? Please can we see some pictures of your results?
    Right now I don't have anything specific in mind. I am trying to wrap my head around the process of working with the software. I downloaded the openfountainpen files to see how it is constructed and learn how to manipulate the files. Once I understand that, then I'll start looking into making my own. I do have to say that Titan Pens take on the Omas 360 is a very strong influence on me right now.
    Fountain Pen Sith Lord | Daakusaido | Everything in one spot

Thanks

I think the new Visconti Opera demo - Versaiiles look pretty.

Might be one to look for at the London Pen Show.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,220 Times in 1,479 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Chrissy View Post
    Right now I don't have anything specific in mind. I am trying to wrap my head around the process of working with the software. I downloaded the openfountainpen files to see how it is constructed and learn how to manipulate the files. Once I understand that, then I'll start looking into making my own. I do have to say that Titan Pens take on the Omas 360 is a very strong influence on me right now.
    I think we'll see a leaps and bounds innovation coming out of this particular space.

Over at Pentrace, recently John Hubbard introduced his Moonwalkpen.com which I think is really cool.
    - Will
    Unique and restored vintage pens: Redeem Pens