Thread: FS: Elegant antique sterling and crystal inkwell & rocker blotter set

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,443 Times in 2,523 Posts

Cool FS: Elegant antique sterling and crystal inkwell & rocker blotter set

FOR SALE: PRICE REDUCED

I've had this elegant Gorham sterling antique set for many years, but my desk pens are crowding it, so I offer it to you. This is still the most beautiful ink well I've laid eyes on, plus the added bonus of the matching rocker blotter. It is hallmarked (see photos). The handwork of this heavy piece of craftsmanship is amazing, and you can see the subtle marks of the handiwork that formed the round cap. The rocker blotter is also hallmarked; it has a slight ding at one end (see photos) that does not detract at all from this set's beauty. I've used the rocker blotter and added a layer of felt for a more effective blot. I will include another blotter paper.

The photos will be in two successive posts.

$795$550 includes shipping anywhere served by the USPS, more elsewhere. If you want something stunning on your desk, this is it. First PM that reads "I'll take the sterling set" with email address and shipping address holds it pending prompt payment of Square invoice emailed to you. Questions are welcome, but do not hold the set.

IMG_1503.jpgIMG_1506.jpgIMG_1507.jpgIMG_1508.jpgIMG_1509.jpgIMG_1501.jpg

More photos in next post.
    Last edited by FredRydr; April 7th, 2020 at 02:20 PM.