Thread: Review: Diamine Prussian Blue

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks

Thumbs up Review: Diamine Prussian Blue

In my quest for blue-black inks to replace Parker Quink (which I have used since the 70s) I have been trying a few .
    Prussian Blue is a classic color, developed in Germany sometime in the 1700s (thus the name); it is an Iron compound (Iron Ferrycianide) which was easy to make with the 1970s chemistry kits that I had.
    /// RGB color should be [0,49,83] /////

Diamine has made an ink to resemble this color; I got a small bottle to test it as it looked good on the screen
    This is a very nice ink, I like the gray-blue tone that develops over a few days. It is a great color when the content matters, very subdued color that doesn't take away from what you write.
    I think there is some real prussian blue pigment in there, as the ink goes in blue and becomes gray blue after a day or three depending on the paper. I have jotted in a few papers and depending on the quality of it it becomes more or less blue.

It behaves very nicely in a modern pen (Bexley Flat Top) which was a healthy ink flow; dries relatively quick in my notebooks (so far) with the obvious exception of glossy paper which takes a minute or so.

My hand written review follows:
    DPrussian.jpg
    Watercolor crayon @technique tuesday
    Last edited by titrisol; June 27th, 2017 at 07:33 AM.
    Unix is user-friendly ; it's just picky about who it's friends are -

2. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to titrisol For This Useful Post:

Ahriman4891 (January 8th, 2019), conib (November 5th, 2017), Jeph (March 8th, 2019), jmccarty3 (June 28th, 2017), junglejim (April 20th, 2019), KKay (May 17th, 2017), Marsilius (June 27th, 2017), Pterodactylus (July 8th, 2017), silverlifter (April 27th, 2019)