Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: supernormal

Thanks

Default Re: supernormal

Quote Originally Posted by Ahriman4891 View Post
    The FPN thread mentioned that it costs €51 with shipping. That's 60 bucks. Not bad. In the USA, the MSRP is 90 dollars, for some reason. Good design was made a bit less affordable, that's my main gripe.

I get that the manufacturing process is cool, but why was it needed for a supernormal pen? It's longer and fatter than the 2000, and I am suspicious of metal grip sections in general. I was really excited about it in the beginning, but somewhat cooled off.
    US price policies of Lamy are odd, to say the least. But here in the US we have at least the "street price" (which is actually dictated by online business competition) of approx. 20% off, which makes the Aion available at $71.20, including converter. I assume that the idea behind the seamless construction is to have an icon of a 'generic' or 'supernormal' pen shape rather than a construct, similar to a simplified outline drawing.

Thanks

Not for me I'm afraid. And that's before I even know what it costs (way too much is my guess). It very much reminds me of the 2k/studio as well. Not sure how much "design" has gone on here, looks like a bit of restyling to me. I'd love to see the original design brief!

Thanks

Hey.

A company. A big company. Made a pen.

& for once it is not tiny.

That alone is something.

Personally find minimalist industrial design (particularly Lamy's flavor of it) dead boring but I enjoy the writing performace of the small army of Lamy pens I own and this pen looks like a big, sturdy, workhorse pen with a non-slippery grip (another small miracle)

More interested in this pen with each passing day.

Thanks

It's a budget 2000 with a boring nib. Maybe suitable for those who've finally grown up enough to ditch their Safari but not yet ready to write with a proper adult nib.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by urushi4u View Post
    It's a budget 2000 with a boring nib. Maybe suitable for those who've finally grown up enough to ditch their Safari but not yet ready to write with a proper adult nib.
    Fine if you don't like it. Totally open to criticism of the pen design but don't use that as a tool to disparage people.

That's a snooty and insulting thing to say.
    Last edited by stub; October 17th, 2017 at 09:11 PM.

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to stub For This Useful Post:

Ahriman4891 (October 19th, 2017), catbert (October 18th, 2017), dam (October 18th, 2017), dfo (October 18th, 2017)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by RocketRyan View Post
    Nice, gold nib options would be good.
    It can still be swapped out with any Lamy gold nib.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by AzJon View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by RocketRyan View Post
    Nice, gold nib options would be good.
    It can still be swapped out with any Lamy gold nib.
    I heard they fit, but are a slightly different shape. May give one a go.

Thanks

As I replied to this other thread concerning this pen, I got mine 2 days ago from Fontoplumo. Got the black version in fine. The nib is different from the Safari's but I'm pretty sure they will fit (width is the same, as far as I can tell). It's a smooth, functional nail, attached to a nice, simple and functional design. I like to change inks often so I don't need a piston filler and I don't really enjoy hooded nibs - and the 2000 is expensive. I was looking for a new everyday pen and this fits the bill. Pedestrian design, yes, but the thing seems serviceable and dependable - time will tell, but out of the gate, things are looking good.

It has a decent weight (around 37 grams inked, capped with the converter). My only worry is the cap. It's a little loose. I remember reading a review mentioning this a while back, but I can't remember where. Anyone else notice this? Might just be my particular pen, might be model specific. Any thoughts, for those who have one?