Thread: Ink in cap of a Platinum Nice Pur

Thanks

Default Ink in cap of a Platinum Nice Pur

I have a Platinum Nice Pur that has ink in the tip of the slip and seal cap. A q tip or napkin cannot reach it. It looks like the way to clean it would be to take the top and clip off. Can this be done? And how?

Please email if you can help
    curtsherry@gmail.com

Thanks

Default Re: Ink in cap of a Platinum Nice Pur

Have you tried an ultrasonic cleaner?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Three old hunters were walking through the woods one day. One looks over and says, "Windy, isn't it?" Another says, "I thought it was Thursday." The third says, "Me too! The heck with hunting, let's go grab a beer!"

Thanks

I have not. Are they expensive?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Curtisvan View Post
    I have not. Are they expensive?
    Not really. I think I got mine on Amazon for about $25. Gets ink out of really tough places. Worth a shot at least.

Three old hunters were walking through the woods one day. One looks over and says, "Windy, isn't it?" Another says, "I thought it was Thursday." The third says, "Me too! The heck with hunting, let's go grab a beer!"

Thanks

Looks about like this: Famili FM8000WW Ultrasonic Polishing Jewelry Cleaner with Digital Timer for Cleaning Eyeglasses Rings https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0142G8ONC..._6qiszbM0FMTDR

Thanks

Thanks!!!

Thanks
    Thanked 11,075 Times in 4,023 Posts

One caveat (and I'm familiar with both the 3776 and USC): putting the cap in there may very well agitate enough liquid between the cap and inner cap ("slip and seal"), but it will leave moisture in the same place. If you do this, be certain to wick as much liquid out as you can. I take a dry q-tip and press against the edge of the inner cap, and you can press enough that it will push up with the spring action. You should be able to get the moisture, or at least most of it, out.

I'd be very hesitant about trying to open the cap up. The plastic finial/dome is only in place with a small plastic pin that seems to be glued into place in the brass nut assembly that you can see (either that or the world's strongest press fit). If you try to 'unscrew' the finial, you can easily snap the piece that holds it in place. Please, do not ask me how I know this.
    "When Men differ in Opinion, both Sides ought equally to have the Advantage of being heard by the Publick;
    and that when Truth and Error have fair Play, the former is always an overmatch for the latter."

~ Benjamin Franklin

Thanks

Hello! I had a similar problem with a demonstrator, and the way I solved it was using a very fine and very long needle on a syringe filled with water and detergent. I injected the water in the spot with ink, dissolving it. Then I left to openly dry upon a cloth. I'm not familiar with the Nice Pur, but I do have a Chartres 3776, and I believe a very fine needle would fit. Careful not to scratch it!

BTW, if you can upload a picture, it would help!