Thread: I have gone ink crazy

Thanks

Default I have gone ink crazy

I have been taking advantage of Goulet's ink sample sale and have liked every color I have tried so far. I still have lots more samples to go. So that means I am buying bottles of those colors. Inks are just pure beauty with the shade of each color. It seems like no two colors are the same.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Spideysgirl For This Useful Post:

caribbean_skye (July 1st, 2017), Jon Szanto (July 5th, 2017), KKay (July 3rd, 2017)

Thanks

Default Re: I have gone ink crazy

Quote Originally Posted by Spideysgirl View Post
    I have been taking advantage of Goulet's ink sample sale and have liked every color I have tried so far. I still have lots more samples to go. So that means I am buying bottles of those colors. Inks are just pure beauty with the shade of each color. It seems like no two colors are the same.
    what inks have you tried and liked?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Thanked 2,192 Times in 1,422 Posts

Hoping for an intervention?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TSherbs View Post
    Me thinks the hoping would be done in vain.

I've purchased ~300 samples and 80-90 bottles of ink so far... and I think it's only been 3 or so years

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to naimitsu For This Useful Post:

inklord (July 5th, 2017), KKay (July 5th, 2017), TSherbs (July 5th, 2017)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by naimitsu View Post

I've purchased ~300 samples and 80-90 bottles of ink so far... and I think it's only been 3 or so years
    ...so good to see that I'm not the only nutcase collecting small bottles and plastic vials filled with colored water...

8. The Following User Says Thank You to inklord For This Useful Post:

TSherbs (July 5th, 2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,192 Times in 1,422 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by inklord View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by naimitsu View Post

...so good to see that I'm not the only nutcase collecting small bottles and plastic vials filled with colored water...
    neither of you should "sponsor" anyone's recovery

10. The Following User Says Thank You to TSherbs For This Useful Post:

KKay (July 5th, 2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 11,066 Times in 4,019 Posts

"Crazy" doesn't get used until the actual bottle number is > 250. Until then you are just odd. Keep going.
    "When Men differ in Opinion, both Sides ought equally to have the Advantage of being heard by the Publick;
    and that when Truth and Error have fair Play, the former is always an overmatch for the latter."

~ Benjamin Franklin

Thanks

Once you get your base few, after many samples....be proud of yourself. Then my suggestion is to slow down a little bit. I am at the point now that I only will consider inks that I love, or that fulfills a certain purpose. I don't know how many samples I've had, but it is a large number for sure. Now I am starting to get a lot more picky in inks that make it to my wish list. Sample and compare, read reviews. There is no rush, unless it is a limited edition possibly. I have a list of all my inks. I also have a couple of notebooks on hand. On one notebook I have the pen listed on the top line. Below that I write with every ink, and the name of that ink. Then I have another notebook. It is my ink color book. On the top line I write the name of the ink, and the brand. Below that I write with every pen that I use that color with. If you want to do that, start early. Don't wait until you have a bunch of ink, because it can be a chore. I can tell what inks look good in what pen. I can see if an ink has spread, and maybe how wet it is compared to other inks on that page. I have another journal that is currently inked, and the date it was cleaned. That way I can keep track of how long an ink has been in a pen, and whether it needs flushing right away or not. I have another journal that I use for all new samples, as a tester. Then I have another journal that I write about each ink color, and what I think of it. LOL...yes I am a bit OCD. Sometimes I forget to write in one of the books when a certain pen and ink is just inked up. That perturbs me. If I only clean one pen in a day, it is a breeze. I have cleaned 3-4 in a day, and that is a chore if I have to write in all of those journals, and let the ink dry on the journal before going to the next ink. I try to limit 2 on a day, but sometimes I have 4-5 that need cleaning all about the same time. I am a serial ink switcher too. It is rare if I refill the same ink color, in the same pen. I usually switch every time. So good luck on your ink journey. I think I have more of an addiction to inks, than I do with pens. I really don't NEED another pen. I certainly don't NEED any more ink either. But I am quite certain I will be getting more ink in the future. There are at least 3 on my wish list right now... If money wasn't an issue, there is no telling how many I would have.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,155 Times in 1,103 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Szanto View Post
    "Crazy" doesn't get used until the actual bottle number is > 250. Until then you are just odd. Keep going.
    Ahem....If that qualifies one as "crazy", what happens when the actual bottle number is > 500

14. The Following User Says Thank You to migo984 For This Useful Post:

VegHead (July 6th, 2017)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by migo984 View Post
    Ahem....If that qualifies one as "crazy", what happens when the actual bottle number is > 500
    "When Men differ in Opinion, both Sides ought equally to have the Advantage of being heard by the Publick;
    and that when Truth and Error have fair Play, the former is always an overmatch for the latter."

~ Benjamin Franklin

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by migo984 View Post
    Life Goals

Thanks

Silly people. Crazy is when you have to bathe yourself in BSB.
    IMG_0131.JPG
    Fortibus es in ero

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Marsilius View Post
    Silly people. Crazy is when you have to bathe yourself in BSB.
    Haha! I wanna do THIS with ink:

~ Benjamin Franklin

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Jon Szanto For This Useful Post:

Marsilius (July 7th, 2017)