Thread: how to reply to replies

Thanks

Default how to reply to replies

I have a basic problem. I placed an ad recently, and noticed that there were replies. But, how do I respond to an individual reply, without it being posted? I tried to send a private message, and also to send an email, but nothing works. What can I do?? Please advise. Thanks David

Thanks
    Thanked 10,367 Times in 3,978 Posts

Default Re: how to reply to replies

To reply to Private Messages that you've received, go into your Notifications tab where you will find your Inbox and the messages should all be listed.

To send a Private Message to another member just click on their user name and choose Private Message.

Is this what you meant?

Thanks

Unhappy Re: how to reply to replies

Quote Originally Posted by Chrissy View Post
    To reply to Private Messages that you've received, go into your Notifications tab where you will find your Inbox and the messages should all be listed.

To send a Private Message to another member just click on their user name and choose Private Message.

Is this what you meant?
    Well, I guess it all comes down to what is considered "private". I am just trying to reply to a basic reply to my thread (ad). This could be from anyone. My only requirement is that my answer is only seen by the person who replied, not as a thread answer. Sending a private message does nothing. Hope you can help me. Thanks David

Thanks
    Thanked 3,712 Times in 1,610 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by The20cenaddict View Post

Is this what you meant?
    Well, I guess it all comes down to what is considered "private". I am just trying to reply to a basic reply to my thread (ad). This could be from anyone. My only requirement is that my answer is only seen by the person who replied, not as a thread answer. Sending a private message does nothing. Hope you can help me. Thanks David
    Fortunately there is no way other than by sending a private message. So no can do.

Thanks
    Thanked 10,367 Times in 3,978 Posts

Is this what you meant?
    There are only two options: Reply on the thread (everyone can see it) or send a Private Message (only you and the recipient can see it)

If you're saying that you sent a Private Message, and the recipient has not replied, then there is nothing you can do to make them reply.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,712 Times in 1,610 Posts

I have a basic problem. I placed an ad recently, and noticed that there were replies. But, how do I respond to an individual reply, without it being posted? I tried to send a private message, and also to send an email, but nothing works. What can I do?? Please advise. Thanks David
    You sent me a Private Message; I got the message; I replied to you. Now IF you got my reply the system works. IF you did not get my reply then let Admin know.

Thanks
    Thanked 6,390 Times in 2,505 Posts

Be aware that the private message system is kinda screwy, as though it was halfway set up but never completed. You'll see what I mean when you try to select a few old messages from your inbox to delete. Compare to deleting old messages from your sent box.

It goes with the territory, and FPGeeks just keeps limping along!

Fred

Thanks
    Thanked 2,189 Times in 1,419 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by FredRydr View Post
    Be aware that the private message system is kinda screwy, as though it was halfway set up but never completed. You'll see what I mean when you try to select a few old messages from your inbox to delete. Compare to deleting old messages from your sent box.

It goes with the territory, and FPGeeks just keeps limping along!

Fred
    I'm one of the proud mental peglegs here