Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Advice on a sailor?

Thanks

Default Re: Advice on a sailor?

Quote Originally Posted by LeFreak View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Quantum Sailor View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by LeFreak View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Quantum Sailor View Post
    If you like firm/hard nibs with some feedback the sailors are hard to beat. Though the Realo's don't offer much more ink capacity than the converter if I remember correctly so you could probably save yourself a couple hundred dollars starting with a full size Pro Gear or 1911.
    Just curious. In your opinion, How much feedback are we talking about? Are Sailor nibs as feedback-y as Platinum nibs?
    I only have one Platinum and it doesn't have any feedback at all really. So on that comparison I would say Sailor's have more feedback. But I'm not sure about other Platinum nibs.
    Thanks. I picked up a Sailor pro gear slim and it's a bit more graphite-like in feel than I'd like. I might give it a swirl on micro mesh.

Sent from my MotoE2 using Tapatalk
    Thats my experience as well. I have one Sailor that has a spot in the nib that writes really smooth, but it's very small and I rarely ever hit that angle right. I like the feel of the nibs though so I don't actively try to hit it. It's just an occasional surprise.

This topic is making me want to go ink up my Sailors though.
    My Pinterest Feel free to add me on Facebook as well.

Thanks
    Thanked 10,467 Times in 4,006 Posts

I've been toying with the idea of getting a Realo for quite some time. I've never done anything about it though.

Thanks

I really like the fit and finish of the pro gear slim I just got (ivory lamé aka harvest moon) .
    wasting time on tapatalk

Thanks

I have few Pro gear slim. Fine and medium nibs.
    Pilots and Platinum they all have a different feel to your writing experience.
    They are good writeres. The characteristics of FEEDBACK is very subjective. I like the feed back / or toothy for somebody language. I like a nib talks with the paper when writes. Depending on paper you use that feedback sounds get different.
    But the feedback feeling dosent trouble of the smoothness of these japanise pens. The fine nibs write within fine lines and looks DRY as the flow in the tines are very slim and ninimized. Platnum and Sailor high in FEEDBACK but that is the quality of the nibs.
    If someone like a chinese Jinhaos nib and say very smooth and if someone want to replace that with a Jowo/ Bock with a smooth feedback experience, then that is the exact experience with the japanese nib for me. If you ever use a Pilot falcon SF nib that is the scratchy nib out of all Pilots pens. That pen has a great potential in Spencerien type writing than a a quick fast writing. So if you can adapt to certain style of writing finding a better nib is always a challenge.