Thread: Conklin Duragraph/Jowo nib compatibility?

Thanks

Default Conklin Duragraph/Jowo nib compatibility?

I was wondering if a Jowo nib and feed would be compatible with a Conklin Duragraph pen? I have some really excellent nibs from www.fpnibs.com. Their zoom nib is great!
    Last edited by Kleinzeit; August 15th, 2017 at 12:48 PM.

Thanks

Default Re: Conklin Duragraph/Jowo nib compatibility?

I'm going to say yes. Conklin indicates they have a #6 nib, but I'm not sure if the feed could fit the Conklin. A #6 nib will fit. I cant answer your question precisely. Perhaps Goulet who sell that brand. Thanks for that link though.
    Last edited by Woody; August 16th, 2017 at 06:51 PM.

Thanks

I do not think a Jowo nib unit is compatible with a Conklin Duragraph.....I have one and will double check. The nib itself is just friction fit so you can pull out and insert any #6 nib
    The secret of getting ahead is getting started-- Mark Twain

Thanks

The nib uit in my Bexley is for what I can see identical to the nib unit in my Duragraph. I THOUGHT that my Bexley unit is a Jowo unit. They are interchangeable. For sure the nibs can be changed out as wigwiper says. But I would venture even more on the side of they are possibly the same.
    Fortibus es in ero

Thanks

Thanks

I had some serious ink flow (lack of same) in my new Duragraph. I tried the screw-in nib assembly from my Bexley Elegancia and it did not fit. I have read elsewhere that the Conklin Duragraph uses a Jowo screw-in nib assembly and had planned to replace the original with that. In the meantime, since I planned to replace the unit anyway and didn't mind if I damaged the nib itself, I resorted to brute force and removed the nib from the assembly. After cleaning the feed, I installed a #6 Goulet 1.1mm stub. It fit and works perfectly. For the time being, the Goulet nib will remain in the fountain pen.
    John

“ I know you think you understand what you thought I said but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant” ― Alan Greenspan

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to johniem For This Useful Post:

Mags (October 3rd, 2017), Marsilius (October 1st, 2017)

Thanks

I got my Duragraph and recieved the Bock nibs too. The pen is fine but I wanted to know how the Bock unite fits. So the Bock threads in the unite is shorter so it serews fits leaves the unite potruding to the out so when you close the clip the nib touchs tips. So I guess I'll end up having my nib FUDE or waverly . So I pulled out the nib from the original and tried the set of Bock + Feeder (Bock) It did not fit. Then next I tried original Conklin feeder+ Bock nib. It fits very easily and of course the Conklin nib is friction fit and easy to remove for cleaning. It writes well.

So it can be used with Bock No 6 . I am waiting for some Jowo / Limosine / Knox Nibs they also the same size 6 and guess can be use on the Duragraph nib unite

Thanks

I finally ordered the Jowo unit and found that the screw in unit does not fit the Duragraph. Fortunately the Goulet nib works fine woth the Conklin feed. I'll stay with that configuration. Mybe one of my other pens can use the Jowo, or not.
    John

“ I know you think you understand what you thought I said but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant” ― Alan Greenspan

Thanks

I got my Jowo Cursive Italic custom ground, and it writes better in my Duragraph. I am very happy and all my offoerts of this nib pays well in to my writing. It is the best pen at last for this Nib as I have aready tried with few other pens in my lot.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Cyril For This Useful Post:

Marsilius (October 24th, 2017)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Cyril View Post
    I got my Jowo Cursive Italic custom ground, and it writes better in my Duragraph. I am very happy and all my offoerts of this nib pays well in to my writing. It is the best pen at last for this Nib as I have aready tried with few other pens in my lot.
    that is great to hear and congratulations! Which nib size did you go with........?

Thanks

I don't like broad nibs generally. So I tried with a medium nib and I like how it writes and the nib is fine medium size after gringing.
    I am really happy with that linesize of a nib. I am not into much line variations as some others much concern about. I like Italic and fine nibs with some feed back on the papers.
    So this nib really fit my new Duragraph and the stub nib came with that will be served on another pen soon.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Cyril For This Useful Post:

Marsilius (October 29th, 2017)