Thread: Collins Wood Crafting pen cases - has anyone tried?

Thanks

Default Collins Wood Crafting pen cases - has anyone tried?

Hello,

http://collinswoodcrafting.com/Displ....aspx?sid=4357

Has anyone purchased a Collins pen case? I am tempted to get a 64-pen chest and not worry about storage for a while. The alternatives seem to be boxes from eBay or Penn State Industries, which are not that much cheaper and hold fewer pens, or the really expensive ones from Vox/Venlo/Montblanc, which also hold fewer pens.

Please share your experience with these. Comparisons to cases of other brands, or just comments on cases of other brands, are also more than welcome. Thanks!

EDIT:
    after a bit more googling, I realize that the Collins 64-pen chest is essentially the Grizzly chest with their custom pen trays. I guess my question still stands. The Collins pen trays seem to offer better protection than the standard ones from gopens or pendora, but, discounting the value of my labor to cut/fit the other trays to the drawers, I'd be overpaying about $90 for them. Wondering if it's worth it.

EDIT 2:
    And, looking at the pics even more carefully, I realize that the 64-pen chest does not have their custom pen trays, in fact they look like pendora trays.
    Last edited by Ahriman4891; August 18th, 2017 at 03:04 PM.