Thread: New Skyline Nibs

Thanks

Default New Skyline Nibs

I have of of the new Wahl-Eversharp Skyline pens. I got it in a trade... but didn't realize that it was a broad nib. I hate broad nibs. I can't see anything on the website about nib sizes that they offer. Can you get a new nib for them? If not.. since it is friction fit.. are there recommendations of other nibs that could be a good replacement? Like a vintage Wahl nib?

Thanks

Default Re: New Skyline Nibs

I looked at the W-E website under the FAQ drop down. It looks like f and m nibs are the choice for most of the New Skyline family, but I only glanced. I would recommend contacting them directly. Another option would be the dreaded Fountain Pen Network. One of W-E's principals is the moderator of the W-E forum (no possible conflict of interest there).

The pen may give you the most leverage as an item to sell or trade, rather than spending all of the time and cost in modifying a current production item to suit your hand.

Take care, Bob

Thanks

Default Re: New Skyline Nibs

I have the exactly same problem. I wrote to them and they were not really responsive. They said they have a sort of "middle of the road" nib that "most" people want. Not happy. I am going to just grind it