Thread: Tilburg, or Brussels?

Thanks

Default Tilburg, or Brussels?

Hey all, long time no see!

I was just wondering if anyone was going to the Tilburg or Brussels shows a month from now? Or if anyone has info about them? Entrance prices, vendor lists, if any nibmeisters are working them?

The Tilburg show has pretty much zero info, I don't understand, like do they just hope the same people show up every year, and bring new folks with them or what?? No website at all, no info to be found anywhere, what the heck?? Seriously, it's in this compiled list of European shows, and...that's it?! And honestly I bet that info is all merely assumed, because apparently the show is the same day every year (last Sat in Sept) and it's been held there before, so they're just guessing nothing has changed? It's nuts.
    The Brussels show at least has a site, with a digital flyer, but it is severely lacking in any info of substance. Sooo I was just wondering if any of you fine folks happened to know any more!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Monkey For This Useful Post:

da vinci (August 28th, 2017)

Thanks

Default Re: Tilburg, or Brussels?

I think that both shows are very small, I saw some pics from the 2015 show at Tilburg and there only seemed to be 9 or 10 tables. Sounds like it could do with some marketing expertise to increase the dealer tables and to have more buyers through the doors.

Thanks

Both are small pen shows, but Tilburg is best known.

You can have an idea of it HERE. That is last year's show.

But the Belgian Pen Show is advancing in its notoriaty.
    Last edited by fountainpagan; August 28th, 2017 at 04:26 AM.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to fountainpagan For This Useful Post:

da vinci (August 28th, 2017)

Thanks

It looks a lot better than I was lead to believe. Sarj is the one man pen show anyway! Sometimes the atmosphere is better at the smaller shows anyway, people have time to talk.

Thanks

If you are willing to travel there is the manic LWES show in London in October or the, in my experience, smaller but rather more civilised show in Madrid in October/November respectively. The Tilburg show looks good from the review, and the Belgian show looks interesting.

Next year I am tempted to forget Madrid and/or LWES and do the round of Hamburg, Tilburg, Belgium and a show in Italy instead.

Thanks

We love traveling, but these days having 3 cats means unfortunately we're limited to day trips only, so we can't really go very far, no more than ~2-3hrs away. Otherwise I'd totally be interested in all the various European shows!