Thread: Akkerman Shocking Blue v Diamine Majestic Blue

Thanks

Default Akkerman Shocking Blue v Diamine Majestic Blue

I've heard that these two inks have similar if not the same, colouration. That doesn't bother me in the slightest but as I'm considering a bottle of the Akkerman I want to know if it smears/smudges, as much as the Diamine is prone to do, after it dries.
    The Good Captain
    (Gaston F Limoges)
    "Meddler's 'Salamander' - almost as good as the real thing!"

Thanks

Default Re: Akkerman Shocking Blue v Diamine Majestic Blue

I use #5 regularly and have never found it prone to smudging. Deep beautiful blue--jump on it. You'll love it.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to gwgtaylor For This Useful Post:

The Good Captain (April 28th, 2013)

Thanks

That's great news and thanks. Although the friends who brought me back a bottle of Akkerman Blue from The Hague last month would probably repeat the favour, I can't wait until October! We'll be going there next year with any luck and there will be plenty of vehicular storage..!
    The Good Captain
    (Gaston F Limoges)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by The Good Captain View Post
    That's great news and thanks. Although the friends who brought me back a bottle of Akkerman Blue from The Hague last month would probably repeat the favour, I can't wait until October! We'll be going there next year with any luck and there will be plenty of vehicular storage..!
    You are very lucky, Gaston. If nothing else, stock up on those wonderful Akkerman ink bottles!

The only one of their inks that I have is a bottle of the Shocking Blue; my experience is similar to gwgtaylor's - a very nice blue, and I have not noticed any tendency for it to smudge/smear after it has supposedly dried, either. I hope you find the same - and perhaps you will be able to try out a sample when you are at the store so that you can find out for yourself if it suits you.

Holly

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by OakIris View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by The Good Captain View Post
    You are very lucky, Gaston. If nothing else, stock up on those wonderful Akkerman ink bottles!

The only one of their inks that I have is a bottle of the Shocking Blue; my experience is similar to gwgtaylor's - a very nice blue, and I have not noticed any tendency for it to smudge/smear after it has supposedly dried, either. I hope you find the same - and perhaps you will be able to try out a sample when you are at the store so that you can find out for yourself if it suits you.

Holly
    I've ordered the Shocking Blue so will post comments when it arrives and I've tried it out. The visit will be great (as well as seeing parts of Holland again - not been since 76/77) as I'll look at all the inks if I can.
    We'll see!
    The Good Captain
    (Gaston F Limoges)

Thanks

I've had a review written on Rhodia sitting for about a week and I can't get it to smear (though it did when it was ≈1 hour).
    My blog, the Five Cat Penagerie.