Thread: Dallas Pen Show 2017 is next week

Thanks
    Thanked 6,703 Times in 1,972 Posts

Default Dallas Pen Show 2017 is next week

The Dallas Pen Show is next week. I am excited, and because I help organize it, I get a taste on what goes on behind the scenes. A lot of work by people who generously contributed their time and effort to do this show. All because they believe in providing the community with a pen show where newcomers can mingle with old-timers to share a common interest.

For those of you who are local to DFW area, you don't want to miss this show. I have removed the barrier for beginners by providing first-timer tours every 2 hours both Friday and Saturday, so gone are the excuse of "I don't know what to expect".

Some tips:

• The hotel parking lot (a huge lot) is in the back, so drive to the back of the hotel so you don't get stuck at the front. The pen show is easy to find, when in doubt, just ask the hotel attendees, they are used to have us there each yer.
    • The pen show is in two ballrooms, the registration/ticket table is in front of the smaller of the two, there you pay your ticket (good for both days, so come back the next day), and see the Tour schedule which will be printed on a board on the table. Or ask the pen show staff/volunteers at the table.
    • Many vendors are individuals, not larger retail operations or full-time businesses, so they deal mostly in cash at shows. Having cash opens up more buying opportunities for you, so you won't miss out on that great deal if a vendor only accepts cash
    • Finally, bring cash with you to the show because the hotel's ATM usually WILL run out of cash and be out of service during the show.

Where is Waldo?

I am looking forward to meet with as many of you as possible, so don't be shy, if you see a guy with Redeem Pens name tag on a lanyard walking around, that would be me. Say hi please. I don't bite, I shower everyday, and I bring some of my restored pens such as the "Phatboy" Sheaffer Oversize Balance in the photo above. If you are attending the tour, you'll see me as well.
    - Will
    Unique and restored vintage pens: Redeem Pens

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to penwash For This Useful Post:

Hamtaro84 (August 31st, 2017), jmccarty3 (September 1st, 2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,703 Times in 1,972 Posts

Default Re: Dallas Pen Show 2017 is next week

- Will
    Unique and restored vintage pens: Redeem Pens