Thread: Jinhao Shark Pen

Thanks

Default Jinhao Shark Pen

On a whim I ordered a six-pack of Jinhao Shark pens on eBay. Clearly aimed at kids, but I'm on a little youthful playfulness in your pen is good for anyone's soul.

Well, they have arrived and are surprisingly GREAT! Smooth fine-medium line, fairly soft nib, you can squeeze out a broadish line with some care. Very comfortable to hold, section is indented similarly to a Lamy Safari but with a more contoured/streamlined shape, and the shark cap posts very nicely for those who wish (and who wouldn't, it's a freakin' SHARK). I'm fairly gobsmacked, just ordered a twelve-pack from the same vendor to have on hand for gifts.

Honestly... one of the best cheap pens I've had to date!

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Wade For This Useful Post:

Amanda (October 5th, 2017), Morgaine (October 14th, 2017), SIR (September 13th, 2017)

Thanks

Default Re: Jinhao Shark Pen

Very cute! I saw those and was very tempted, but the ones I saw appeared to have a hooded EF nib in some of the photos. If I could be certain I was getting the unhooded I would have hit the button too. I'm still looking.
    It's all about the greys...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Amanda View Post
    Very cute! I saw those and was very tempted, but the ones I saw appeared to have a hooded EF nib in some of the photos. If I could be certain I was getting the unhooded I would have hit the button too. I'm still looking.
    I highly recommend eBay seller jewelrymathematics. I've purchased from him several times now, his prices are reasonable (and do make an offer, he seems to enjoy a wee haggle), and his free shipping relatively quick. All of my purchases from him have arrived from Shanghai in 2-3 weeks as opposed to the more typical 3-6 (or 8+) from most other Chinese vendors in my experience.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Wade View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Amanda View Post
    I highly recommend eBay seller jewelrymathematics. I've purchased from him several times now, his prices are reasonable (and do make an offer, he seems to enjoy a wee haggle), and his free shipping relatively quick. All of my purchases from him have arrived from Shanghai in 2-3 weeks as opposed to the more typical 3-6 (or 8+) from most other Chinese vendors in my experience.
    +1 on this seller. I bought my Wing Sung 698 from him too. The next Wing Sung 698 gold nib I strayed and bought from another chinese vendor and currently am in the midst of a paypal settlement because of that :-(