Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Goulet Pens +1

Thanks
    Thanked 11,075 Times in 4,023 Posts

Default Re: Goulet Pens +1

Quote Originally Posted by fountainpenkid View Post
    Hey, many of the companies with great deals on pens are small as well, and just as honest.
    I don't believe I implied anything to the contrary.

I do appreciate a family business, but I don't buy because I sympathize with the seller.
    Sometimes I do, sometimes I don't. Everyone's mileage varies.
    "When Men differ in Opinion, both Sides ought equally to have the Advantage of being heard by the Publick;
    and that when Truth and Error have fair Play, the former is always an overmatch for the latter."

~ Benjamin Franklin

Thanks
    Thanked 1,282 Times in 556 Posts

Yep. I like to support the small businesses.

Thanks

Don't forget that they also ship for free to APO (Army/Air Post Office) addresses. This may be a very small market segment but it makes a huge differece. It is frequently difficult to find vendors that are willing to ship there at all, and then often at a premium albeit the premium is still much less than overseas shipping. You are forced to use USPS and have to attach a customs form and that is too much trouble for some vendors.
    Stealth edit: Fed-ex SmartPost now ships to APO addresses, but expect to add 3 weeks to the delivery time for no known reason.

And how could none of you mention the free lollipop?

Thanks

Brilliant, a free sucker

Thanks
    Thanked 3,493 Times in 1,751 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jor412 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by fountainpenkid View Post
    For ink, TWSBI, Noodler's, and stationary they are the the best, but their prices on pens aren't always so great.
    True. I enjoy buying from goulet pens. The personalized service and the packaging are amazing, so when I can buy from them, I do. But some of their competitors do offer better deals.
    While this may be true, I've found time and again that if I want to place an order for many different items, Goulet is most likely to have them all under one roof.

Plus, I love their videos, and have you SEEN their bargain basement?
    My other pen is a Montblanc.

And my other blog is a tumblr!

And my latest ebook, for spooky wintery reading:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0CM2NGSSD

Thanks

Some people may scoff at the "slightly ridiculous amount of care" that they package their stuff in. Today I received my second mangled box containing ink. For reference, even the incuded business cards were wrinkled. One ink box was also distressed, but there were no leaks, or cracks, and most importantly no leaks and the nib was unphased. Even my lollipop was bent! I am glad that they pack the way they do.

Goulet Box.jpg

Thanks

Question Re: Goulet Pens +1

Through the years I have seen a repetitive occurrence with new and small businesses. At first they go out of their way to give good service and good products. If they survive, they grow – when they grow they increase their staff. Many times staff isn't so worried about repeat business. Their loyal customer base has increased and they start to have enough customers that losing a few doesn't concern them as it did when they started.

Felix made an excellent point about some sellers testing nibs before shipping them to us. What many internet sellers/retailers tend to overlook is that some of us buyers are not set up for shipping like they are. It's a big hassle for me to ship stuff back - never mind the cost. It's ten miles to my post office. If I don't have a box to ship in, I got to go get one, come home pack it and go back to the post office to send it. Besides all this hassle involved in a good faith purchase, do the math for the shipping and gas at $3.50/gallon. And all for something I bought new and expecting to work without working me.

Thanks

Goulet Pens isn't the only small/er seller that deserves kudos, nor by any means the only one I shop with...but I do recognize and am willing to reward not just their incredible packaging, speediness, and personal touches, but also that they continue to try to innovate with the Swab Shop, the Ink Drop, etc. For that I am willing to pay a few dollars more sometimes!

They may not do so any more, but the custom drawings on the receipts were outstanding...this one that was done for me endeared me to them forever
    6967613904_a2cd52a6bf_z_d.jpg
    http://katexic.com/clippings/
    Love interesting words? Curious links? Great writing? Subscribe to the free, thrice weekly Katexic Clippings newsletter!

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to fncll For This Useful Post:

Jeph (July 27th, 2013), Tracy Lee (July 26th, 2013)

Thanks

I have had nothing but amazing service from the Goulets. I have been a customer since the beginning.
    WTB Sheaffer Balance oversized with a flex nib, semi flex, broad, or medium in carmine red or grey striated.
    Wtb Sheaffer Pfm in black or blue with a medium or broad nib.

Thanks

I have also ordered ink samples on two occasions from Goulet with no issues! My Edison Collier also came from Goulet- Great service each time!!
    "When, in the course of writing events, it becomes self-evident that not all pens are created equal" (Federalist Frank)

Owner-
    http://federalistpensonline.com (Online Pen Store)
    (5% Discount for FPG Members! Use Code "FPG" at checkout!)

Follow store/forum at
    Linked-In!
    Like Us on
    Facebook !

Thanks

Yet another +1 -- I had to cancel an order due to banking problems, and Rachel did it within two hours, on a Sunday evening!

I look forward to finally putting the order in for real soon.
    "What are moon-letters?" asked the hobbit full of excitement. He loved maps, as I have told you before; and he also loved runes and letters, and cunning handwriting, though when he wrote himself it was a bit thin and spidery.

Senior Member Penne Stilografiche's Avatar
    Thanks

I think I have to start an organization called the GA (Goulet's Anonymous). I usually go on their site to get 2 to 3 bottles of ink, and I usually end up buying at least 10 bottles of ink along with a bunch of items that I don't need (highlighter ink, invisible ink, black lights that strap onto pens, etc...). Literally 3 hours ago, I bought 14 Platinum Preppy fountain pens, 1 Platinum Preppy highlighter pen, 5 bottles of ink, and a 12000 grit micro-mesh pad from them. I think I bought close to a gallon of ink from them in the past 3 months!

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Penne Stilografiche For This Useful Post:

Pens&Lit (October 2nd, 2013), writingrav (August 19th, 2013)