Thread: Pictures from Central Ohio Pen Club Meeting

Thanks

Default Pictures from Central Ohio Pen Club Meeting

The Central Ohio Pen Club met this past Sunday. While many of you may not be able to join us in person, your emails indicate many enjoy vicarious pleasure from sharing in the “show and tell” that is a standard part of each meeting. I hope this installment will provide a bit of the diversity that is represented at each meeting.

What could be more representative of Columbus than Brandon’s pen artisan crafted from “Buckeye Burl”? While our Buckeyes took a beating from Oklahoma Saturday, this Buckeye Burl pen is a clear winner.

Fred’s grouping of Montblancs and Pelikans displayed quite a range of years and sizes. Top to Bottom are Montblanc 146, 221, and 32 then Pelikan 400, 140, and 140.

Just a small part of Eric’s Conklin collection – two Nozacs and an All American

Tim brought a super cool Zebra G dip pen nib in an ebonite section by Abhi of Osprey Pens. Check out the flex on this baby!

Speaking of nibs, Gary amazed everyone with his stash of approximately 275 Esterbrook nibs, most brand new and never used. Gary purchased most of the nibs in one lot as well as some unused vintage pens at the auction of a now closed drugstore in Lancaster, OH. Seems like Sumgai is that guy!

I thought Chris had dropped his pen and brought it to have it fixed. Guess I never really saw a Fude nib before. It was sure fun to write with!

On the more contemporary end of the range, Brandon’s Diplomat Aero in their most recent orange color made quite a statement

Rick thought that Diamine Terra Cotta ink made a perfect match for the amber cap on his Montblanc Schiller from the Writers Edition series

Back to the vintage, Elizabeth brought out this tiny Peter Pan by Salz brothers from the 20’s-30’s. I absolutely kicked myself for not showing it next to something else to show just how small this pen is. It is made to hang on a chain around one’s neck and is about the size of a Lamy cartridge, or about half the size of a Kaweco Sport.

Fortunately I found some comparative pictures of a Peter Pan posted on Harvey Levine’s blog “My Antique Pens”. Below you can see from top to bottom a Short International Cartridge, a Peter Pan, a Kaweco Sport, and a full size Parker Duofold Centennial.

To wrap things up, here is a writing sample of the beautiful and serene Diamine Florida Blue. It sure looks a lot calmer than the pictures from Florida on TV this weekend. We extend our best wishes to all our pen friends and others throughout the Carribean and Florida, as well as Houston. We hope you are all safe and your recovery will be successful.

Look like fun? Join us at a future meeting!

Next Meeting: Sunday October 8, 2 to 4 pm

SPECIAL GUEST HOWARD LEVY, FOUNDER and PRESIDENT OF BEXLEY PENS WILL PRESENT “25 YEARS of BEXLEY PENS”

Columbus Metro Library Northern Lights Branch, 4093 Cleveland Ave, Columbus

Everyone invited!

Visit us on Facebook: Central Ohio Pen Club

Visit our website: www.ohiopens.org

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to whichwatch For This Useful Post:

jacksterp (September 14th, 2017), Lady Onogaro (September 13th, 2017), manoeuver (September 15th, 2017), Robert (September 13th, 2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,578 Times in 943 Posts

Default Re: Pictures from Central Ohio Pen Club Meeting

Thank you for taking the time to put together this pictorial!
    Lady Onogaro

"Be yourself--everybody else is already taken." --Oscar Wilde

Thanks

A very enjoyable read, and very nice pics, too. Thanks!

Thanks

Really enjoyed both the pictures and descriptions.

Looking forward to next month's post.