Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Tig Reports

Thanks

Default Re: The Tig Reports

Tig Report. 23 May 04

This morning, while Jody and I were listening to the weather report on the radio, Mr. Tiggs walked up to Jody and looked at her with those big Egyptian eyes of his and said, "Owwwww - hhhhh!" (The little huff at the end is for emphasis.) This behavior usually means there is trouble somewhere and that Jody should fix it right away.

Tiggs led Jody to the kitchen and stared into the cat-kibble dish. He said, "Wwowww - hhhh!" Jody looked into the dish and found that it was crawling with ants. The wet weather evidently drove them indoors and now they were mining cat-kibble. Oh, the disgustingness of it all! How unspeakably bourgeois! No self-respecting cat would share his dish with . . . with this mob of Democrats! Besides that, they taste bad.

The Tigmeister continues in good health. He runs, jumps and climbs with speed and aplomb. His hind quarters still seem to be elevated more than normal, though. This causes a little extra down-force on the front paws and leads to oversteer (for you NASCAR fans, that means "he gets loose in the corners"). He uses his tail to compensate for this. When he has gathered sufficient pace (like when he is chasing Brigit) and makes a hard turn to port, he will windmill his tail counterclockwise and thump it on the ground. This gives him better traction in the rear and keeps him out of the wall.

Tigger goes to the cat mechanic next week for a routine checkup and some immunization boosters. Here's hoping the exam stays in the "routine" category.

MCR>
    Abstractor of the Quntessence
    Order of the Digital Grail
    "Nothing is enough for the man to whom enough is too little." -Epicurus-

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Paddler For This Useful Post:

R.A. Stewart (November 13th, 2017)

Thanks

Tig Report: 25 Jan 07

The Tigmeister's chronic sinus problem began to act up in a big way, a few weeks ago. He began to drag ass around the place, snorting, honking and sneezing like a madman. I think he was actually having sleep apnea: he would no sooner finish his early morning nap than he would begin his midmorning nap so he would have enough strength for his late morning nap.

One evening he was sitting on my lap in the "Full Meatloaf Position with Tail-Wrap" (a cat in this position is telling you that the temperature is between 55 and 60 degrees in the room). I noticed that a long, bubbly glebber of cat snot had slowly leaked from his nose and was gently swinging back and forth over my leg. I quickly chucked the little mucoid monster onto the floor where he proceeded to sneeze about eight times and spray cat snot over half of the room. Jody looked up from her reading and said, "That cat is going to the vet."

So she took the little oinking and complaining beast to the vet. She returned with an oinking and complaining beast and a bottle of "stink puff" (AKA "pink stuff", our name for the liquid antibiotic that our vet prescribes) and a bottle of nose drops. Imagine trying to dose a cat with nose drops. If one succeeds in somehow getting the nose drops into the cat, keeping them in the cat for more than a few milliseconds is virtually impossible (I know; we tried it once.). Performing the operation in the house doesn't even bear thinking about. We decided to put the nose drop project on hold and have a go with the "stink puff". If that didn't work, we would have to cobble up a strait waistcoat for a cat and break out the nose drops.

I am pleased to announce that the "stink puff" worked its wonted magic and the nose drops are still in the 'fridge. The Tigster is again his old bouncy pouncy self and plays chase-me games with Sasha. In the morning he goes outside, makes a "soldier's deposit" in the herb garden, chews on a couple of catnip leaves and comes back inside, where he sits on his favorite chair and grins until lunchtime. Life is good again.

Sir MCR>
    Abstractor of the Quintessence

Thanks

Tigger's problem was a strangulated hernia. For months, he was getting a soft bulge on his flank, just forward of his right knee. The bulge was always soft to the touch and went away in a day or two. The vet had no clue because the dingus was always gone when we took Tiggs in. The last time the bulge appeared, it was hard as a rock. When Tiggs would hit the litter box, he would get nothing but a flash in the pan, so to speak. Pretty soon, he was flashing his pan all over the house and throwing up like crazy. This happened on a Friday evening after our regular vet went home. So we had to take him to the emergency cat mechanic who charges double and triple rates. So Monday, we took him to the vet. He operated, cut out a bad piece of bowel, washed out all the infection, and sewed him up again. Tiggs was there a week. He came home last evening. He sat on my lap for hours. When my lap gave out, he sat on Jody's lap for hours. At medicine time, Jody gave him his antibiotics and he put up a pretty good scrap over it. Then he jumped down and ran to the litter box. When he returned, he had guts hanging out of his belly four inches. We bundled him into the cat carrier and it was high-ho to the emergency clinic again. They operated and sewed him back together. I drove him from the emergency clinic to the vet's office this morning. On the way from Pilot Knob to North Pilot Knob, some eejit Knobber cut me off and I had to jump on the brakes. The cat carrier upset in the back of the Blazer and Tiggs went ass over tincups. He didn't yell, but I could hear him trying to right himself amongst all the blankets we had packed in there. There was no place to stop and sort things out, so I just told him to suck it up for a few minutes. When I pulled him out of the rubble, he looked a little tousled and very pissed-off. He is still there. They are gonna let us know if there is any news. At both places, they call him "The World's Most Expensive Cat."

16 Nov 07

The vet called yesterday afternoon and said to come and get Tiggs. I drove over there and collected him. He was alert and in pretty good spirits. They put a collar on him - one of those conical "Elzabethan" collars so he can't chew on his sutures. (I told Tiggs it is actually a "Sir Walter Raleigh collar". Elizabethan indeed! How rude!) They think he chewed the stitches loose and unzipped himself. I don't see how that could happen; there should be three layers of stitching when you close up an abdominal wall. Anyway, we have to remove the collar when he wants to eat or drink or when he gets his meds. He got his last dose of pain meds this morning, along with three kinds of antibiotics. It must be pretty good stuff; he has been in the weeds ever since.

MCR>
    Abstractor of the Quintessence