Thread: WTB: Ink sample for Sailor pigmented ink (Kiwa-Guro Black and/or Sei-Buko Blue-Black)

Thanks

Default WTB: Ink sample for Sailor pigmented ink (Kiwa-Guro Black and/or Sei-Buko Blue-Black)

Looking for a few MLs worth of Sailor Nano-Pigmented Inks: Kiwa-Guro (Black) and/or Sei-Boku (Blue-Black).

Wanted to use/try them before buying these bottles.

PM if you can help.

Thanks.

Thanks
    Thanked 10,493 Times in 4,013 Posts

Default Re: WTB: Ink sample for Sailor pigmented ink (Kiwa-Guro Black and/or Sei-Buko Blue-Bl

I don't have either or I would have gladly sent you some.

However, I did spot this one on eBay that looks like a bargain. If it's any good to you.

Thanks

Default Re: WTB: Ink sample for Sailor pigmented ink (Kiwa-Guro Black and/or Sei-Buko Blue-Bl

I have both. Would be happy to send you samples, but I don't have any sample vials left, I'm afraid.

Also, re: that eBay listing. I'm amazed that the bottle remains full after spilling. A self-replenishing inkwell? Sign me up!

Thanks

Thanks Chrissy. I appreciate your offer.

BTW, how is your experience with this ink? would you recommend it to use with "good-not-really-a-starter" pen (something in the category of Sailor 1911, Pilot Ch92, Lamy 2K, etc.)?

Thanks
    Thanked 10,493 Times in 4,013 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tadamonoron View Post
    Thanks Chrissy. I appreciate your offer.

BTW, how is your experience with this ink? would you recommend it to use with "good-not-really-a-starter" pen (something in the category of Sailor 1911, Pilot Ch92, Lamy 2K, etc.)?
    I'm afraid I would never use a pigmented ink in any of my pens, so I can't give you any advice at all about it.

I prefer to use only dye based inks. There are enough to choose from that I never have a problem with choosing one.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,819 Times in 786 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tadamonoron View Post
    My experience with Sei Boku is that it is excellent. It is, in fact, my favorite ink. I prefer to use both Kiwa Guro and Sei Boku in pens that I can easily clean ultrasonically. I've used Sei Boku for so long now that I no longer have any reservations about it from a clogging perspective, but it's just that it's not one of those inks that you should switch to or from without thorough cleaning.
    --
    Mike