Thread: How to increase pen weight

Thanks

Default How to increase pen weight

I found that my platinum 3776 century is way too light to suit my writing even its posted.... Is there possibility to increase the weight... Thank you.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Thanks

Default Re: How to increase pen weight

You could possibly try to roll up a brass sheet and put it in the barrel. You can also try shellac it to the barrel so it's not going to move. I've seen this in many Bexley pens and the only problem I could think of is if the pen is a demonstrator.

Thanks
    Thanked 11,077 Times in 4,023 Posts

Default Re: How to increase pen weight

The tolerances between the barrel wall and the converter are quite small, so anything you might line it with - even lead sheets used to add weight on the heads of golf clubs - will most likely be too thick. I've got 5 different 3776 models and I can't see any way to add a significant amount of weight. If you like the nib and the basic shape of the pen, you might want to seek out the models of Platinum pens that use briarwood as the body material. Much heftier, though they are snap caps and you give up the "slip-and-seal".
    "When Men differ in Opinion, both Sides ought equally to have the Advantage of being heard by the Publick;
    and that when Truth and Error have fair Play, the former is always an overmatch for the latter."

~ Benjamin Franklin

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Jon Szanto For This Useful Post:

larry.lee.77736310 (October 1st, 2017)