Thread: Wolf Paper

Thanks

Default Wolf Paper

(Apologies if I'm asking a question that's already been answered. I couldn't find anything when I searched.)

Hey All,

I just read a review by Theroc of a notebook that uses Wolf Paper. Theorc's review was quite favourable, but I can't find the paper by itself. Does anyone know where this paper might be obtained? Has anyone else used it?

Thanks,
    Ruth

Thanks

Default Re: Wolf Paper

Never heard of it, sorry.

Thanks

KKay,

Well, at least I didn't ask about something familiar to everyone! Thanks for getting back to me.

Ruth

Thanks

There is/was a Wolf paper company in NY. USA. 52 W. 22nd St. New York, NY 10010. Phone: 212-675-4870. Fax: 212-645-4976 but their website is not active.

If it does not come up on the internet I doubt it is possible to purchase. The supplier of that notebook no longer exists. Never heard of it either

Thanks

Kevmid,

Thank you. The notebooks can be purchased here on Etsy. I'll try to contact the owner and see whether I can find out if the paper is available in sheets.

Thanks again for the information!

Ruth

Thanks
    Thanked 3,807 Times in 1,648 Posts

What is special about this paper? Tell us more!
    "Nolo esse salus sine vobis ...” —St. Augustine

Thanks

VertOlive,

I read about the paper in a review of a notebook (https://www.etsy.com/shop/SIRIUSsDom..._shop_redirect) on Massdrop (https://www.massdrop.com/talk/441/th...of-ra-a-review). In it, Theroc. the reviewer, says that the paper "will make your fountain pens sing." I recommend reading the review because not only will it give you more details (Theroc tries several pens and compares the Wolf to other papers), it is delightfully written, with humour and charm.

I have sent a message to the notebook-seller asking where he or she got the paper and if it can be purchased in loose sheets. I'll let you all know if I find out anything!

Ruth

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RuthFeiertag For This Useful Post:

VertOlive (October 4th, 2017), writingrav (November 1st, 2017)

Thanks

Well,

I heard back from the Sirius shop owner. He or she was very nice, but apparently doesn't have the information about where to get the paper. We had some language issues, so I may not have understood quite what Sirius was trying to convey. Sirius offered to send me a sample for the price of shipping, but I don't think that would be worth it.

So I ordered a notebook.

I'll try to remember to report back whether my pens sing on the paper, and what songs I think they're singing.

Ruth

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RuthFeiertag For This Useful Post:

Sammyo (October 5th, 2017), VertOlive (October 29th, 2017)

Thanks

Hello again!

I received my journal a couple days ago, and Sirius Liao not only included some loose sheets of Wolf paper for me to try, Sirius generously also sent me a selection of other papers to try. I'll try to attach some images.

IMG_0034.jpg

I also received a nice note:

IMG_0033.jpg

I haven't used any of the loose sheets yet, but here's how several pens and inks responded to the paper:

IMG_7547.jpgIMG_7548.jpg

I was pretty excited when the journal arrived and eager to try out the paper, but I have to admit my first encounter with the pages gave me pause. The paper is thick and has definite texture. Frankly, I expected paper fibers to collect in my nibs, so I was wary as I put my first pen to the surface of the paper.

The page was certainly toothy; there's no skating across it. But the only pen that didn't communicate easily with the page was the Redipoint with the flexible nib. There was no show-through nor bleed-through with any of the pen-ink combinations, nor did the paper cause the pens (except the Redipoint) to skip. The shading on the inks wasn't always as dramatic as on other papers, but what surprised me was how well the sheening and shimmering inks performed. I'm not a good enough photographer to catch how well those inks shine, but here's a photo of how two of the sheening inks, the Organics Studio Nitrogen and Walden, looked when they dried:

IMG_7549.jpg

The subtle sheen of the Iroshizuku Momiji also came through when the ink dried, but I couldn't capture it in a photo.

Did this paper make my pens sing? I would say yes, though not necessarily in the key I expected. If further use produces new insights, I'll let you know.

Ruth

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to RuthFeiertag For This Useful Post:

Ahriman4891 (November 4th, 2017), Lady Onogaro (October 20th, 2017), VertOlive (October 29th, 2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,807 Times in 1,648 Posts

Thanks for posting your investigations; it's always worth pursuing new and promising papers!
    "Nolo esse salus sine vobis ...” —St. Augustine

Thanks

VertOlive,

Thanks for the response! I anticipate enjoying the notebook.

From where does your signature quotation come?

Ruth