Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Student Loans??

Thanks

Default Student Loans??

How many Republicans here have student loans?

Thanks

Default Re: Student Loans??

Why does it have to be Republican or Democrat? I work with plenty of teachers with student loans.

Thanks

I’m independent (but occasionally vote R) and just paid off my massive student loans

Thanks

Republicans show no interest in loan forgiveness.

Thanks

If they do then they are not conservative

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Naill View Post
    I don't think there should be, and I'm more libertarian.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Cookedj View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Naill View Post
    I don't think there should be, and I'm more libertarian.
    I’m more practical. Everyone benefits if more are educated.

Thanks

If education based on truth/logic/reason sure thing (but still the government shouldn’t pay).

Thanks

We benefit from affordable, not going in debt, for education

Thanks

Having been the old man in school, I noticed the majority of young students not caring about classes their parents are paying for, or the loans they had to take out. It wasn't real to them. Not like me paying $2k per semester out of my pocket. I also looked ahead at what job my degree could get me, and adjusted accordingly. Some degrees at big universities aren't worth the paper they're printed on because there aren't jobs associated with it. JMHO.

Thanks

I was fortunate to able to pay cash for my children’s tuition.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,281 Times in 1,306 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Empty_of_Clouds
    Overall I don't agree with the concept of student loans, as the consequences of having them can be severely negative deep into adult life. There must be a better approach.
    The problem with students loans in America is one more example of good intentions without considering the consequences. The quick version is that money was made available to people who otherwise couldn't afford a college education, so the federal government "guarantees" loans; leading to more liberal criteria for loaning money. Note that it is near impossible to cancel student loan debt through bankruptcy proceedings (a law change in the last decade), causing one to wonder why lawmakers did that. Perhaps to prevent the government from being on the hook for the loans they guaranteed? As an aside, an evil republican from Texas proposed being able to do that (include student loans in bankruptcy as part of the "Fresh Start" Act) this past August... but I digress.

Anyway, with money much more freely available universities strangely have increased their tuition and fees. Now, because of competition for those dollars, universities increase recreational facilities and opportunities; turning many universities into near resorts. So an American 19 year-old can rack up hundreds of thousands of dollars of student loan debt while they party and enjoy spas, water parks (I'm not kidding) and other "amenities" and leave said university with a degree (like gender studies) that will never hope to repay said debt. So now politicians (particularly the progressive ones) want to just erase that debt. "Cancel" it. But it's the taxpayer who would ultimately pay that bill.

StuLoan.jpg
    Last edited by dneal; November 18th, 2021 at 11:57 AM.
    "A truth does not mind being questioned. A lie does not like being challenged."

13. The Following User Says Thank You to dneal For This Useful Post:

bunnspecial (July 3rd, 2023)

Thanks

My friends often take out student loans, but they always do it at risk. I tried to explain to them what the principle is to choose a credit company, but they did not understand where you can find a list of the best. Then, I had to share with them my little secret kviklanet.dk, which lists the best credit companies. There you can find a suitable loan for everyone, depending on the conditions and financial capacities of the client. Now they take the best loans available on the market. Have you ever thought about how much money we lose on interest because we choose the wrong loans?
    Last edited by neomahauck; February 25th, 2022 at 02:13 PM.

Thanks

Student financing is a crime.
    Education should be affordable for the benefit of all.

Thanks

The main advantage of an educational loan over an ordinary loan is that the bank provides a grace period for studying at the university and finding a job. The financial product is designed to grow the loan load gradually. It remains comfortable for the borrower to even at the beginning of his career. The borrower will have to repay the principal amount of the loan after they have obtained an education and obtained a job. Among educational loans, the most profitable now is a loan with state support. The interest rate on it is 0.5%. Only the interest on the loan is charged during your studies (up to five years) and during the job search (nine months after graduation). For loans, go here hurtigudbetaling.dk.
    Last edited by forsythan; March 25th, 2022 at 06:06 AM.

Thanks

Colleges raised tuition, I am sure, because of the availability of loans. I watched the local university grow in wealth including land and buildings while raising tuition at a tax payers supported institution. There has to be some balance and social responsibility for citizens to gain an education without having to pay student loans until they retire.

And, when the football coach is the highest paid state employee, that's just wrong.

Thanks

Hey there! I hope you're doing well today. I just wanted to chime in and say that I'm a Republican who also has student loans. It's not an easy thing to carry, but I know I'm not alone in this. I'm currently in the process of trying to become a phlebotomist, and I found this great resource at https://www.exploremedicalcareers.com/phlebotomist/ that has been super helpful in guiding me towards my goal. It's got loads of information on the field, training programs, and job outlook. I'd definitely recommend checking it out if you're interested in the medical field or if you're just exploring your options. Best of luck to all of you with student loans, and here's to a brighter future!
    Last edited by graceshen; February 13th, 2023 at 04:30 AM.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,079 Times in 632 Posts

Above post reported as SPAM.

Starting college, I was fortunate in having quite a lot of savings from my work during high school and also the support of my parents. Later, when I parted ways with my father over my opposition to the Vietnam war, I had to alternate my education with work, most often in low-paid jobs in local veg canneries, sugar factories, etc. I'd work a while and save enough for another term, so it took me eight years to get a BA.

But I graduated without any loan debt.

Thanks

Many people across different political beliefs have student loans, and it's a common issue affecting many people in the US. In fact, according to recent data, over 43 million Americans have student loan debt. It's important to focus on finding solutions to help ease the burden of student loan debt, regardless of political affiliation. If you're struggling with student loan debt, it may be helpful to seek advice from a financial expert, such as a mortgage broker in Chester, who can provide guidance on managing your finances and possibly finding ways to lower your student loan payments.
    Last edited by Bluezewoo; May 15th, 2023 at 07:18 AM.

Thanks

I stumbled upon this thread from a couple of years ago discussing student loans. It's an important topic that affects individuals from all political backgrounds. If you're a Republican dealing with student loans, know that you're not alone.
    Managing student loans can be a daunting task, but there are resources available to help navigate the process. One option to consider is reaching out to a Mortgage Broker in Bath. They specialize in financial matters and can provide expert advice on managing student loans.
    Remember, financial assistance is available, and there are various strategies to explore when it comes to repaying student loans. Don't hesitate to reach out to professionals who can guide you through the process and help you make informed decisions.