Thread: Wanted: Franklin-Christoph Antique Glass

Thanks

Default Wanted: Franklin-Christoph Antique Glass

I am looking for a Franklin-Christoph in Antique Glass. Order of preference would be Pocket 66, Model 31 or 66 Stabilis. I owned a Pocket 66, but stupidly let it go and have regretted the decision ever since. I am looking to replace it. If you have one that you will part with, please send me a note. Thanks.

Thanks

Default Re: Wanted: Franklin-Christoph Antique Glass

I noticed there's an auction on Ebay today. Best of luck finding your pen! Franklin-Christoph is simply amazing

Thanks

If you don't get one second hand then the easiest way to get one if you are in the US (you probably already know) is at a pen show that F-C attend if you can go or arrange someone to buy for you. There usually are antique glass pens available in some models but no guarantees.

The usual format applies, be at the F-C table early when they bring out the trays and join the scrum!
    You can also email F-C before a show to check if they are bringing some antique glass pens, not that they can hold one for you.

Thanks

Another option is to sign up for updates on the website. Franklin-Christoph just opened the waiting list to two models of antique glass and one for Italian Ice.

I live in Wake Forest and have been meaning to drop by Franklin-Christoph's headquarters of a while. If you'd like me to check on a particular model of pen, feel free to PM me with acceptable models, nib size, and budget.

Best of luck finding your pen!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Memory View Post
    Another option is to sign up for updates on the website. Franklin-Christoph just opened the waiting list to two models of antique glass and one for Italian Ice.

I live in Wake Forest and have been meaning to drop by Franklin-Christoph's headquarters of a while. If you'd like me to check on a particular model of pen, feel free to PM me with acceptable models, nib size, and budget.

Best of luck finding your pen!
    If you do sign up to be notified act fast! Both models were sold out in about an hour last time. I got lucky the time before when I got my Antique Glass model 02.

Thanks

Very fast... The recent three lists had advance notice and so 350 pens were ordered in 12 minutes, lists full.

Sometimes batches are posted in the F-C Stockroom web page without notice and then they advertise the fact on twitter, instagram, facebook etc so then it is first come, best dressed. So you can sign up on those media too if it helps.

Thanks

Thanks fellas. I am signed up on their list and follow them on Instagram. I have missed out on the waiting lists by not being fast enough. I have considered the pen show route but have never been to one and don’t see one in my future. Maybe the Dallas Pen Show next year. I will keep my eyes peeled. Maybe I will get lucky on the next waiting list or in the Stock Room.

BTW the one that just sold on eBay went for much more than I thought they were commanding. Law of economics at work. That whole supply and demand thing.

Thanks

Yes that was a pretty crazy price, normally it is more in the $140-$160 bracket - I have only seen that for antique glass occasionally but few other prototype colours or even Italian ice sold on command more than their original retail price.

If you can be bothered, regularly do a search here and check ebay once a week apart from the F-C site. Some also go on fountain pen reddit.

I have picked up four different models in this finish, two from this site and two from F-C but that involved multiple checks on a daily basis. If F-C continue with pre-announcing antique glass batches you stand a much better chance