Thread: WTB Montblanc 225, 220, or similar

Thanks

Default WTB Montblanc 225, 220, or similar (found)

I'm looking for a vintage Montblanc in decent condition. Doesn't have to be cosmetically pristine, but I'm just getting into fountain pens so I need something that doesn't need much tinkering to get it performing well.

My most ideal pen is a Montblanc 225 with an F or M nib, but I'd also be very happy with a 220 and would settle for certain other similar Montblancs. It's difficult to figure out ALL the models I'd consider, but something like a 22, 24... Definite must-haves include a piston filler, snap-on cap, and gold inlayed nib. If there is a tinted ink window, any color except yellow. Also willing to consider non-Montblanc pens with all these characteristics.

Willing to pay up to $200 for a perfect 225 w/ M nib, will negotiate for less ideal models.

Update: Found my ideal-in-every-way 225 AND a gorgeous 121, both together for less than my budget. Seems like a good start to a collection. Thanks to everyone who looked!
    Last edited by goldenmeme; October 10th, 2017 at 08:47 PM. Reason: (Edit: Originally listed Montblanc 32 and 34 as acceptable alternatives, but they have screw caps. Boo!)