Thread: Pictures from Bexley Day at the Central Ohio Pen Club

Thanks

Default Pictures from Bexley Day at the Central Ohio Pen Club

We all know the line "Build it and They Will Come". But who knew that you could also simply "Say it and They Will Come"?

All we said was "Howard Levy", and come they did. Bexley Day with special guest Howard Levy led to strong turnout at the most recent meeting of the Central Ohio Pen Club, as our members were treated to a stimulating discussion on "25 Years of Bexley Pens" along with a display of many of Howard's creations.

Despite a nasty cough, Howard kept the audience in rapt attention as he related his experiences in all facets of Bexley Pens including design, engineering, manufacturing, materials, marketing and distribution, and even the naming of Bexley models as well as why the Bexley Pen Company is actually in Columbus rather than Bexley. I loved it when Howard related that he liked playing with pens, and fortunately has a job where he can do so - sometimes seven days a week and twelve or sixteen hours a day!

Here's the man himself, looking a whole lot better than he apparently felt that day

Howard brought a few pens with him. I believe this case held all the various "Owners' Club" models Bexley has made over the years.

Please don't ask me to name all the different Bexley models Howard showed us. I can't even remember what I had for breakfast! But there were a few current production pieces that Howard brought to show us.

I didn't realize that Bexley also made school pens. What kid could resists one of these?

Our members also brought their own Bexleys for the regular "Show and Tell" portion of our meeting. Here are two beautiful "Cutting Edge" pen and knife sets.

Lots more Bexleys. Again, I can't possibly remember the model names. Can you?

Bexley Sheherezade set of Fountain Pen and Roller Ball. This pen is a bit different than most Bexleys - it is a piston filler. How come I can remember this model's name? Oh yeah - it's mine!

And still more from our members.

As always, everyone had a great time playing with each other's toys after Howard's presentation

We are extremely grateful to Howard for sharing his knowledge and insights with us, especially since he wasn't feeling well that day.

Want to join us? You are certainly welcome to do so!

Upcoming Events:

Friday November 3 (during Ohio Pen Show) - informal meeting for drinks at 5pm in the bar

Sunday November 12 - regular monthly meeting, 2 to 4 pm at Columbus Northern Lights Library, 4093 Cleveland Rd, Columbus
    Theme: "Ohio Pen Show Haul" - bring your acquisitions from the show for "Show and Tell"!

Visit us on Facebook:* Central Ohio Pen Club

​Visit our Website:* www.ohiopens.org
    Last edited by whichwatch; October 10th, 2017 at 04:25 PM.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to whichwatch For This Useful Post:

Beowulf50 (October 11th, 2017), da vinci (October 10th, 2017), manoeuver (October 11th, 2017)