Thread: FP friendly large notebooks

Thanks

Default FP friendly large notebooks

This year I'd like to hand write my project for NaNoWriMo, but I'm having trouble finding notebooks big enough that I wouldn't end up with 30 separate books at the end.

Hippo has a very appealing page count, but ideally I'd like something bigger than A5, and as far as I've heard they've only just started shipping to their Backers so I doubt if I ordered now I'd be able to get them in time.

I've heard surprisingly good things about the Staples Arc system, and those do come in bigger sizes, and the idea of refillable pages is appealing, but as far as I've found their refills are only sold 50 pages at a time and I'm estimating I'll need somewhere between 800-1k pages on A4 (but probably more with their ridiculous cramped ruling). That's a lot of refills, and at $8 a pop it would cost a small fortune.

So, does anyone know of a notebook, ideally A4 or B5 but A5 would work in a pinch, with either a large page count or affordable bulk refills, that does a halfway decent job with fountain pens? And since I'm dreaming big, I'd also really like a pony and dot grid ruling.

Thanks

Default Re: FP friendly large notebooks

Quote Originally Posted by goldenmeme View Post
    This year I'd like to hand write my project for NaNoWriMo, but I'm having trouble finding notebooks big enough that I wouldn't end up with 30 separate books at the end.

Hippo has a very appealing page count, but ideally I'd like something bigger than A5, and as far as I've heard they've only just started shipping to their Backers so I doubt if I ordered now I'd be able to get them in time.

I've heard surprisingly good things about the Staples Arc system, and those do come in bigger sizes, and the idea of refillable pages is appealing, but as far as I've found their refills are only sold 50 pages at a time and I'm estimating I'll need somewhere between 800-1k pages on A4 (but probably more with their ridiculous cramped ruling). That's a lot of refills, and at $8 a pop it would cost a small fortune.

So, does anyone know of a notebook, ideally A4 or B5 but A5 would work in a pinch, with either a large page count or affordable bulk refills, that does a halfway decent job with fountain pens? And since I'm dreaming big, I'd also really like a pony and dot grid ruling.
    Another option

https://www.codeandquill.com/products/monolith

Though I can confirm the Staples Arc Premium paper even with most broad. Replace the bindings with

https://www.levenger.com/circa-discs...core-7460.aspx

Another paper

Levenger 300 Circa Full Page 1/4-Inch, Ruled Refill Sheets, LTR (ADS5920 LTR) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00C0K4HNE..._SE46zbSRP4GQ9

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Tom
    @silverbreeze
    ---
    Forgive any ignorance on my part.
    Any stupidity is my brain not being malleable enough to understand
    ===
    Open to anyone writing me. Will do my best to reply quickly
    ====
    Tomasz S Suchecki
    77 Meadowpark Ave North
    Stamford CT 06905-2221
    United States of America

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Silverbreeze For This Useful Post:

goldenmeme (October 21st, 2017), Lady Onogaro (October 21st, 2017)

Thanks

Default Re: FP friendly large notebooks

One option with the ARC is to buy the punch and make your own inserts. Not sure if that's an economic option for you or not.