Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Let's see your cigar box pen cases

Thanks
    Thanked 6,540 Times in 2,414 Posts

Default Re: Let's see your cigar box pen cases

I'm fortunate in that there is a local cigar place that had a big stack of boxes, and they sell them for $1.00 a piece, with the proceeds going to a local veteran's organization. I think that is called win-win.
    "When Men differ in Opinion, both Sides ought equally to have the Advantage of being heard by the Publick;
    and that when Truth and Error have fair Play, the former is always an overmatch for the latter."

~ Benjamin Franklin

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Jon Szanto For This Useful Post:

KKay (July 15th, 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,219 Times in 536 Posts

I've asked in one of the few tobacco-oriented stores left in the city (maybe even in New Zealand) and they didn't have boxes anywhere near as handsome as the ones shown here. The ones they did have were plastered with Govt. health stickers which are a pain to get off without damaging the box.

On the other hand, a friend of ours who thought well enough of us to mark our recent wedding gave us a gift that came in this box.

In the last image the pen in the box is a Pilot Custom 823, shown for scale. Now that I've done that I am wondering if i could use this box to store my oblique dip pens - my collection of these of these is larger than my FP collection. Musing.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Empty_of_Clouds For This Useful Post:

dfo (May 13th, 2018), Jon Szanto (May 12th, 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,219 Times in 536 Posts

Just so...

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Empty_of_Clouds For This Useful Post:

da vinci (May 14th, 2018), dfo (May 15th, 2018), KKay (July 15th, 2018), NibsForScript (July 17th, 2018)

Thanks

Beautiful box EoC!

I found this in a Michael's store. It is a wood soda crate. Turned it into a wood INK crate........

20180511_133555 by Brad Merrill, on Flickr
    Brad "Words are, of course, the most powerful drug used by mankind" - Rudyard Kipling

"None of us can have as many virtues as the fountain-pen, or half its cussedness; but we can try." - Mark Twain

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Runnin_Ute For This Useful Post:

dfo (May 15th, 2018), KKay (July 15th, 2018)