Thread: War Stories

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks

Default War Stories

For years, I have been badgering some vets I know to write down their experiences in the US military. I have been writing mine and sent a few examples to the other vets. It is starting to pay off.

One guy was aboard an aircraft carrier in the Pacific in WW II. He dictated his stories into a digital recorder and one of his grand daughters transcribed them to her computer and printed them on paper, as well as saving them other ways digitally.

One guy was a musician in the special services in Korea. He types his stories into his computer and sends them to me. I print them and keep them in a binder.

Another guy was a helicopter pilot in Vietnam. He has promised to print them as they are written.

Me, I was a cold warrior. My stories are not very exciting but, dammit, I am writing them anyway!

You other vets out there: write 'em down and get 'em on paper. Time's a-wastin' !!!!
    "Nothing is enough for the man to whom enough is too little." -Epicurus-

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Paddler For This Useful Post:

BlkWhiteFilmPix (June 27th, 2018), Robert (November 5th, 2017), VertOlive (November 5th, 2017)