Thread: Review of Nussbaum Pen Companys "Jon Ross" Fountain Pen in Black Cherry

Thanks

Thumbs up Review of Nussbaum Pen Companys "Jon Ross" Fountain Pen in Black Cherry

It started many months ago.... there was a call for ideas for a name for a new pen line owned by Todd Nussbaum. There were good suggestions, great suggestions and one that will forever remain in my mind....but that is another story. After what felt like ages an announcement was forthcoming that there would four pens available, never before seen, from the Nussbaum Pen Company. Apparently the difficult decision of choosing a name had been made!

In short summation of the pen;
    My Nussbaum Pen Company "Jon Ross" in black cherry acrylic arrived swiftly after ordering it. (That surely comes as no surprise to those who have done business with Mr.Nussbaum before....) It was delivered in a leather pocket protector sleeve suitable for daily use. The appearance of the pen was a bit of a surprise as it surpassed expectations born of the website photos. It feels more substantial in my hand than my Pelikan 200, it has more heft and a subtle , difficult to describe feel of substance in hand. There are decorative bands that might tempt some to attempt to unscrew a nonexistent blind cap. Said "furniture" is atttractive and adds to the subtle grace of the pen....not to mention, makes for a decent laugh when your pen posse buddies make a face when the blindcap wont unscrew!
    The Jon Ross lays down a nice, even, wet line (Med) right out of the box. For the measley $45 I spent, I was more than pleased. Since I am well known for submitting such eloquent reviews in proper format.....this should serve to prompt you to try one for yourself! Without all of the hoopla....I like it alot and will have more of them.

What do I base my opinion on and to what am I comapring this pen in daily use? Edison Pearl & Collier, Danitrio Hanryo Raw Ebo, Pelikan 200, TWSBI 800, Swan / Mabie Todd w/ Superflex#2....... I have used a few "nice" pens....this is one competes quite well!
    Last edited by Trillium; April 30th, 2013 at 08:56 PM. Reason: msp

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Trillium For This Useful Post:

reprieve (April 30th, 2013)

Thanks

Default Re: Review of Nussbaum Pen Companys "Jon Ross" Fountain Pen in Black Cherry

Sounds great! Have you got any pics to add to the temptation?

Ken

Thanks

Default Re: Review of Nussbaum Pen Companys "Jon Ross" Fountain Pen in Black Cherry

Well....alright drgortex, you shamed me in to it...lol. I am a horrible photographer, but I did my best!JonRoss.jpg

5. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Trillium For This Useful Post:

Bogon07 (May 1st, 2013), crazystan (May 1st, 2013), cwent2 (May 5th, 2013), drgoretex (May 1st, 2013), Frank (May 5th, 2013), klpeabody (May 1st, 2013), KrazyIvan (May 1st, 2013), recluse (May 1st, 2013), TMac (May 4th, 2013)

Thanks

Great photos. I was wondering about these pens.

Are the threads comfortable that low on the section?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,764 Times in 808 Posts

Thanks for the review and close ups, especially that one showing the thread on the end of the grip section.
    I quite like the look of their more expensive Phoenix series as well.
    sinistral hypergraphica - a slurry of ink
    "Nothing means less than zero"

Thanks

Ooooh. I love the color. Thanks for adding the pictures, Trill. Lovely pen!

Thanks

Been looking forward to reviews of this pen. Sure is pretty!

Thanks for the review and enjoy your new pen!

Thanks

Thanks for the review and pictures. I've been waiting to read some reviews of this pen. I've now added it to my purchase soon list.

Thanks

Great Review Trillium!
    Great looking pen!!

Todd (isellpens) is my favorite "Go To" Pen Store!

Regards,
    Frank
    "When, in the course of writing events, it becomes self-evident that not all pens are created equal" (Federalist Frank)

Owner-
    http://federalistpensonline.com (Online Pen Store)
    (5% Discount for FPG Members! Use Code "FPG" at checkout!)

Follow store/forum at
    Linked-In!
    Like Us on
    Facebook !