Thread: Testing Noodler’s X-Feather, does it prevent Feathering?

Thanks

Post Testing Noodler’s X-Feather, does it prevent Feathering?

Intro:
    I like to use Fountain pens at work, and there isn’t always good paper to use, and I really do not like the look of feathering especially if I write something and need to give it to a college. So I was very interested to see if Noodler’s X-feather could be the answer to my woes. I ordered a sample from the Goulet Pen company and set to testing.

Testing parameters
    : I used my Lamy 2000 with a fine nib because I think it was a good simulation with putting just enough ink on the page to test how the ink performs on the page(s). I also needed a “control” so I used the ink that I have been using for a few years now; Lamy Black. I then used three different papers to see how both inks performed on each.

The results: There was virtually no difference between the inks both in darkness and in feathering performance. As it would seem Noodler’s X-Feather has no unique properties that prevent it from feathering. I will say that it is a nice performing ink, and the better water-resistant characteristics is the Lamy Black does not have. So in conclusion, if you are looking for an ink to stop feathering then we still need to wait for something, however if you want to have a good performing black ink then both Lamy Black and Noodler’s X-Feather are good choices.

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to RustyDarkMatter For This Useful Post:

Ahriman4891 (November 7th, 2017), ceebert (August 29th, 2019), dfo (November 7th, 2017), fountainpagan (November 7th, 2017), KKay (November 15th, 2017), Pterodactylus (November 7th, 2017), welch (April 10th, 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 4,804 Times in 1,697 Posts

Default Re: Testing Noodler’s X-Feather, does it prevent Feathering?

Thanks for your review, well done.
    But both are not doing really bad.

IMHO there is nothing better performing on bad paper than good iron gall inks.
    Like e.g. ESS Registrars Blue-Black, you can almost write on toilet paper with this ink.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pterodactylus For This Useful Post:

ceebert (August 29th, 2019), dfo (November 7th, 2017)