Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Clean hands and pen use

Thanks
    Thanked 1,943 Times in 847 Posts

Default Re: Clean hands and pen use

I spend a lot of time repairing pens as well as filling them, so it's nitrile gloves for me. I hate getting ink on my hands and some of the stuff that comes out of old pens wouldn't shift with a blow torch.
    Regards,
    Deb
    My Blog

Thanks
    Thanked 1,222 Times in 598 Posts

I've actually moderated my behavior since I posted this topic. Out of curiosity I decided to try wash my hands before writing using a sort of handshake rule (i.e only when my hands reached a point I wouldn't feel comfortable greeting someone with). There was definitely an adjustment period, but relatively quickly I decided that while my pens no longer feel so 'clean' when I pick them up, the time and effort saved is worth it.
    Last edited by fountainpenkid; February 12th, 2018 at 11:08 PM.
    Will
    If my p.m box is full, feel free to email me at dabantur@gmail.com.

Thanks

Many of us, have some pens which will require cleaning after use;
    so, rather like washing one's hands before using a toilet as well as after, it is sensible to clean hands before using any 'tool'.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to SIR For This Useful Post:

fountainpenkid (February 13th, 2018)

Thanks

I am usually in a constant state of grazing, so there's always food around me, as well as napkins/paper towels. I hate having food on my face, so I tend to eat relatively neatly. Also, because I'm constantly eating, I usually do so with my non-dominant hand. If I do end up using my dominant hand, it gets wiped down before I do anything, which includes writing, typing, and picking things up.

However, I don't mind the ink stains I get. I basically grew up in a printing shop, so I've always played with paints. Add to that drawing with pastels, ink pens, and graphite pencils, it's damn near impossible to keep my hands clean.

The only time I start getting really finicky about cleanliness is soldering, cooking, and fabric crafting.
    There are too many solder wires still made with lead that I'd rather not eat that... I have a relatively sensitive stomach, so I don't want to run the risk of cross contamination... and there's nothing worse than needing to find, cut, and resew fabric because you stained it with grubby fingers!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to naimitsu For This Useful Post:

fountainpenkid (February 13th, 2018)