Thread: Photos from Central Ohio Pen Club Meeting - Part 1

Thanks

Default Photos from Central Ohio Pen Club Meeting - Part 1

The Central Ohio Pen Club held our regular monthly meeting this past Sunday with the theme “Our Goodies from the Ohio Pen Show”. Everyone shared their prizes with the club, after which we played with each other’s pens and ink and had our usual good time. Talk about a diversity of interests!

Rather than blab about it, I’ll focus on the pictures of everyone’s treasures, with just a few words of narration.

Before I start, let me mention that our next meeting (Sunday December 10) will be “Demonstrator Day” and will feature a presentation by renowned collector/dealer Howard Edestein who will join us from Cleveland to share his collection of Demonstrator pens with us. Details are at the end of this post. Now, on to the pens!

Jack bought an Edison Herald with an 18K gold nib in a most attractive acrylic

Elie found a super cool safety dip pen with a disappearing glass nib. It is from Occupied Japan (1940’s to early 1950’s) and features an ink reservoir. The nib is extended and retracted by turning the knob at the end of the barrel.

Nikolaos shared his Aurora Superna in original box from the 1930’s. Apparently he has already sold or trade this for something better, though I’m not sure how much better pens can get.

Brandon won one of the doorprizes at the show – a Bexley that was from a special edition produced for FB Fountain Pens Group reaching 10,000 members

Bonita landed two beauties at the show along with a Franklin Christoph Penvelope 6. I didn’t catch the brand but I think at least one was a Laban.

Erik showed the group the coolest lever operated pencil from the 1920’s as well as a Conklin Spencerian in outstanding lapis celluloid

Denise joined us all the way from Dayton, and managed to talk her husband into driving her! She also opted for celluloid, this a Platinum 3776 in koi.

And continuing with celluloids, Rick loved his Lapis Visconti Voyager from the 1990’s so much he found its sister in a much more rare coral color.

Gary’s Mabie Todd desk pen was a gorgeous jade color

Roy landed this Montblanc 74 at the show’s auction

Andy bought a Striped Duofold. I wish the lighting allowed me to capture its full beauty

Lisa found a Franklin Christoph Model 02 with a Tibaldi celluloid finial which unfortunately doesn’t show up well in my picture

Continue to Part 2 in next post here:

https://fpgeeks.com/forum/showthread...Meeting-Part-2
    Last edited by whichwatch; November 14th, 2017 at 02:22 PM.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to whichwatch For This Useful Post:

da vinci (November 15th, 2017), jodylud (November 17th, 2017), manoeuver (November 14th, 2017), penwash (November 15th, 2017), ShugPug (November 14th, 2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,731 Times in 1,976 Posts

Default Re: Photos from Central Ohio Pen Club Meeting - Part 1

You know, I wish all reports (or announcement) about pen club meetings come with a lot of pen (or people or both) photos like this.

- Will
    Unique and restored vintage pens: Redeem Pens

Thanks
    Thanked 11,075 Times in 4,023 Posts

Of the two pens pictured belonging to Bonita (that weren't identified), I believe the one on the left is a Rosetta "Magellan".
    "When Men differ in Opinion, both Sides ought equally to have the Advantage of being heard by the Publick;
    and that when Truth and Error have fair Play, the former is always an overmatch for the latter."

~ Benjamin Franklin

Thanks
    Thanked 6,731 Times in 1,976 Posts

The blue Conklin Spencerian above reminds me of this pen I have:

- Will
    Unique and restored vintage pens: Redeem Pens

6. The Following User Says Thank You to penwash For This Useful Post:

Jon Szanto (November 15th, 2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,440 Times in 2,523 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by whichwatch View Post
    Erik showed...a Conklin Spencerian in outstanding lapis celluloid

Very nice! I have one of those, the only one I kept from my mini collection of a dozen pretty Spencerians that I sold.

Fred