Thread: TODAY: 20% off Amazon Warehouse Deals

Thanks

Default TODAY: 20% off Amazon Warehouse Deals

This is probably the wrong spot, but I wanted to let everyone know that Amazon (at least amazon.co.uk) is currently running a promotion of 20% off all Amazon Warehouse items. This includes a number of Pelikan pens and many more. Just a heads up in case you were considering pulling the trigger.

I believe that all the normal Amazon return guarantees apply to Amazon Warehouse sales as well.

Thanks
    Thanked 10,367 Times in 3,978 Posts

Default Re: TODAY: 20% off Amazon Warehouse Deals

Thank you for the tip. The returns guarantee still applies, but as far as FP's are concerned, those in Amazon Warehouse Deals always seem to have small amounts of damage on them. I've bought plenty of Warehouse Deals that I've been really happy with, but I'm not sure I could forgive damage on a FP. It always says: Marks on the cap, base or sides of the item and that's 'Very Good' condition.

Thanks

Thanks for the cautionary tale. I suppose the proof will be in the pudding, but I'm happy to gamble £130 on a Pelikan M800 knowing I can always send it back.

Thanks

Yes, that sounds like a good deal. I would be interested to know what it's like when you receive it.

Thanks

That explains why the Warehouse Deal prices have crept up a little recently then...

I've bought a lot of FPs through them, and have to say 90% of the time I've failed to find what the "damage" is supposed to be. Apart from boxes, which are generally what's taken the brunt; especially in the case of Pelikans where it's just the basic no-frills shipping box, which gets squashed as soon as you look at it. But the pens themselves? All bar one, flawless.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by grainweevil View Post
    That explains why the Warehouse Deal prices have crept up a little recently then...

I've bought a lot of FPs through them, and have to say 90% of the time I've failed to find what the "damage" is supposed to be. Apart from boxes, which are generally what's taken the brunt; especially in the case of Pelikans where it's just the basic no-frills shipping box, which gets squashed as soon as you look at it. But the pens themselves? All bar one, flawless.
    Do you remember if you selected those that were Like New, or Very Good, or Good?

Thanks

Looks like the best deals are either gone or not available in the US. There were a few Waterman and Parker pens but nothing that stood out.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Chrissy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by grainweevil View Post

Do you remember if you selected those that were Like New, or Very Good, or Good?
    I had a look back at a few, and it's a mixture. It also demonstrates that the condition description isn't terribly useful - compare numbers 2 and 3, or 9 and 13. For your amusement, some examples. For my amusement, the savings too.

1. Good - Item in original packaging. Packaging will have cosmetic damage. Squashed box, inked up with supplied cartridge. Not a mark on it. 80% off regular Amazon price.
    2. Very Good - Minor cosmetic imperfection on the top, front or sides of the item. Missing removal media. Item will come in original packaging. Packaging will be damaged. Scuff to outer box sleeve, otherwise as new with all paperwork, cartridges etc in place and untouched. 60% off.
    3. Very Good - Minor cosmetic imperfection on the top, front or sides of the item. Missing removal media. Item will come repackaged. No packaging, paperwork, cartridges or converter. But not a mark on it. 75% off.
    4. Very Good - Item will come repackaged. No box or paperwork. Not a mark on it. 45% off.
    5. Like New - Packaging may be damaged. Minute scuff on the box, otherwise as new. 50% off.
    6.Very Good - Minor cosmetic imperfection on the top, front or sides of the item. Item will come in original packaging. Squashed box. Not a mark on it. 45% off.
    7.Very Good - Item will come repackaged. Squashed box, cartridge present. Not a mark on it. 55% off.
    8.Good - Item will come repackaged. Minor cosmetic imperfection on the top, front or sides of the item. Squashed box, converter present. Not a mark on it. 90% off.
    9.Good - Packaging may be damaged. Minor cosmetic imperfection on the top, front or sides of the item. Minor cosmetic imperfection on the bottom or back of the item. The lid has minor cosmetic imperfections. Minor cosmetic imperfection on the interior of the item. Squashed box. Not a mark on it. 85% off.
    10. Good - Packaging may be damaged. Minor cosmetic imperfection on the top, front or sides of the item. Tiny scuff to outer box sleeve, otherwise as new with all paperwork, cartridges etc in place and untouched. 50% off.
    11. Good - Item in original packaging. Packaging will have cosmetic damage. Outer box sleeve torn to shreds, but otherwise as new. 60% off.
    12. Good - Packaging may be damaged. Slight tear to the outer sleeve, otherwise as new. 75% off.
    13. Good - Packaging may be damaged. Minor cosmetic imperfection on the top, front or sides of the item. Minor cosmetic imperfection on the bottom or back of the item. Minor cosmetic imperfection on the interior of the item. Glue residue all over the cap and outer box sleeve torn, otherwise (!) fine. 80% off.

The last one is the only pen I actually found something wrong with, and I do go over them with a loupe. The squashed boxes are universally the basic tube style shipping boxes that German manufacturers seem to favour, so not something one would tend to keep for posterity anyway. Maybe I've been very lucky, I don't know, but given the returns policy it's not a disaster if you're unlucky.

Thanks

The only one I originally found was 20% off, so not a major sumgai deal like those you've had. Although taking another 20% off doubles the discount. At anywhere between 90% off and 60% off I would have pulled the trigger on almost anything.

Thanks

At anywhere between 90% off and 60% off I would have pulled the trigger on almost anything.
    That's been my excuse, certainly.

Thanks

Condition: Used - Very Good - Item will come repackaged. All purchases eligible for Amazon customer service and a 30-day return policy.

Arrived in a squashed box, but double enveloped! Not a mark on the pen and I doubt it has ever seen ink.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BayesianPrior View Post
    Condition: Used - Very Good - Item will come repackaged. All purchases eligible for Amazon customer service and a 30-day return policy.

Arrived in a squashed box, but double enveloped! Not a mark on the pen and I doubt it has ever seen ink.
    That description sounds fair enough, but it's when they start adding bits like: small damage on front of item, small damage on back of item, small damage on sides of item. I often wonder if they mean the box.

Thanks

Good news, BP.

Naturally my own Black Friday Warehouse Deal turned out that "As New" this time meant "two parts broken". But a parrot perch rather than a pen, and I can (and have) fixed them, so no harm done and budget saved for parrot treats, so all good for the feathered folk.

Thanks

I'm pleased you got a good pen BP and quite sad that your 'As new' parrot perch had 2 parts broken GW.

I bought a pack of 50 DL cream envelopes for less than £5 plus a ream of Xerox 100gsm paper at great Warehouse Deal savings too.

I would have also bought a drilling stand for my Dremel but my model seemed to be the only one that didn't fit in it.

Thanks

Finding a flagpole is not so hard, but if you need help, I'm prone to help you. More than that, I have many flags at home so I can convey to you some ideas. I have flagpoles and Solar Flag Pole Light. The difference is more than incongruity. Second, they are more practical and absorbing for your design. After some years, I had understood that Solar Flag Pole Light is cheaper on https://www.amazon.com/Flagpole-Ener...dp/B00YBDA7DC/, and it makes a fantastic view. If you cast about flagpoles, robust advice, buy Solar Flag Pole Light.

Thanks

Spammer reported
    Regards, Chrissy | My Review Blog: inkyfountainpens

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Chrissy For This Useful Post:

guyy (September 18th, 2021)

Thanks

Spammer reported
    Is there a flagpole network forum?

I daren't search, for fear of finding one.