Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Stub vs italic vs pilot parallel?

Thanks

Default Re: Stub vs italic vs pilot parallel?

Quote Originally Posted by ShugPug View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by wingwiper View Post
    Hope this helps...............
    It does - thank you!

I have a Lamy 1.1 and 1.5 on the way, and am keeping my eyes open for an F-C S.I.G. I think my first modded nib will be a broad cursive italic, although an italic with flex does sound fun...
    Good luck with whatever your choice might be. I know some folks won't agree with my assessment on Stubs vs. CI's, but that my personal preference and nothing against Stub grinds. I just enjoy the old skool line variation of nibs from a distant past.

Heck.........I have reground some Sheaffer No-nonsense into some pretty insane, smooth CI nibs that are really fun. Of course there is no iridium.

Pendleton Brown is really reasonable and does a lot of Lamy nibs like you ordered.

Thanks

An update - the Lamy nibs arrived, but alas, the 1.5 was flat having clearly had something very heavy placed on it at some point... The 1.1 is definitely sharper to write with than the TWSBI stub, but to my eyes doesn't offer any greater variation (on Rhodia paper, albeit with different inks so not a true like for like test).

And as much as I like the nib, I still dislike the Safari grip...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ShugPug View Post
    An update - the Lamy nibs arrived, but alas, the 1.5 was flat having clearly had something very heavy placed on it at some point...
    Someone definitely doesn't want me to get the 1.5... It arrived over the Xmas break, and I swapped it in today. First thoughts were extremely underwhelming - it looked almost identical to the 1.1.

And then on closer inspection, it was a 1.1... So - if anyone wants a Lamy 1.1 mm nib - I have a spare! PM me!

Thanks

The Franklin Christoph arrived today, and I absolutely love it! 2 letters written, and I am taking it to work tomorrow to see how I cope with it whilst taking notes. The nib is beautiful - enough variation for interest, whilst not looking too pretentious.

Filling it with Pilot Iroshizuku Tsutsuji may not have been my best idea for the office, but what the hell. It compliments the body nicely!