Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Using only visconti Homo Sapien fountain pens

Thanks

Default Re: Using only visconti Homo Sapien fountain pens

I have about 20 pens in my collection, 5 of them are Viscontis. 3 have the older 14K nibs and two have the palladium nibs (one is stiffer than the other). The 14K Visconti nibs, by far, offer the best writing experience to me. The M800 comes next. I like to mix things up a bit every once in a while, so I have pens from other manufacturers too. But Visconti is top on my list of favorite brands when it comes to the over all package (writing experience, aesthetics, build quality, size). They're expensive but I buy only when I find a deal that offers them at a price I am willing to pay, which is usually quite lower than retail prices. I haven't reached a point yet where I want to buy and use pens from only one manufacturer.

OP, you have a nice collection of Viscontis there. Except for the Lava HS, all others you have are out of my budget. Nonetheless, I drool over them all the time and would love to try them sometime.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by s_t_e_v_e View Post
    I have about 20 pens in my collection, 5 of them are Viscontis. 3 have the older 14K nibs and two have the palladium nibs (one is stiffer than the other). The 14K Visconti nibs, by far, offer the best writing experience to me. The M800 comes next. I like to mix things up a bit every once in a while, so I have pens from other manufacturers too. But Visconti is top on my list of favorite brands when it comes to the over all package (writing experience, aesthetics, build quality, size). They're expensive but I buy only when I find a deal that offers them at a price I am willing to pay, which is usually quite lower than retail prices. I haven't reached a point yet where I want to buy and use pens from only one manufacturer.

OP, you have a nice collection of Viscontis there. Except for the Lava HS, all others you have are out of my budget. Nonetheless, I drool over them all the time and would love to try them sometime.
    Perhaps we can meet up on a weekend sometime and you can try mine. I'm a bit north of metro Detroit (Independence Twp).

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Scooby921 View Post
    Perhaps we can meet up on a weekend sometime and you can try mine. I'm a bit north of metro Detroit (Independence Twp).
    That would be nice! Do you attend the Ann Arbor Pen Posse meetings that happen on the second Sunday each month at ABC's Corner Brewery, 720 Norris St, Ypsilanti at 2:00PM?

I plan to attend on March 11. It would be nice to see you there along with many other folks.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 07camrymx View Post
    Where did you buy the London Fog if I may ask? that's in my wishlist as well as the Florentine Hills.
    For London Fog check Rozmenko ebay store. He has one in stock. He is a very reliable seller. I bought mine from him. He sometimes carries other nib size as well which he can exchange for you - https://www.ebay.com/itm/Visconti-Ho...item4b3add9f1b

I am getting my florantine hills (ordered yesterday) from - https://www.stilographcorsani.com/en...ntine-hills-2/. Stefano provides amazing customer support. They can send you the pictures to check pattern before buying and also provdes nib grinding service if you need it.

Thanks

Hi there,

I actually found both London Fog and Florentine Hills in a Pen Shop in my home country, I couldn't resist and bought them...and I love them! there's the Crystal still to be bought.

Thanks for the tip anyway.

Luis A.

Thanks

congratulations. I have been looking for a Crystal for a while :-) If you don't mind, can you please tell me the shop and location. I might have no way to reach them, but it would be good to know.

Thanks

I have been following this thread on and off. I am a Visconti fan and i can relate to the comments and suggestions.

What do you guys think of the limited ed Silver Dust?I

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Triaed For This Useful Post:

Brgphilly (January 15th, 2019)

Thanks

I think it is a beautiful pen. I can't decide between Bronze Swirls or this one. I am waiting for Bronze swirls to be released and then i decide :-)

Thanks

I am intrigued by it. I owned an Opera Master for about two weeks. I hated the length and heavy stainless cap on the end for the power filler. It was an incredibly unbalanced pen. This Opera model appears shorter and with an acrylic / polymer cap on the end. It should be better balanced and might end up a stellar pen. I'm not sold on the colors for the Silver Dust, but if they are offering more in this size / series I might pick one up.

Thanks

You've chosen well, Onionartz. Visconti have made a remarkable contribution to pens and the HS is a remarkable pen.

Nothing wrong with keeping them in your permanent rotation. All my Visconti are in my rotation permanently.
    A slave is one who waits for someone to come and free him.

Thanks

Just ordered one! the Silver Dust.
    my first Visconti, let's see what happiness it might bring into my house-
    I am a little worried about these new steel nibs....

Thanks

Congratulations..:-) Let us know the experience once u get the pen...

Thanks

My Visconti Silver Dust has arrived!
    Nice pen overall.
    Aesthetically, I like it very much. But the steel tubular nib is a sore sight, no decoration, rather disappointing, I mean visually.
    My stub nib lays down a good line, very well defined, but a little scratchy. A little smoother and it would be perfect.
    Great service from Giardino Italiano.

Junior Member Northern Gentleman's Avatar
    Thanks

I've never owned a Visconti, but can see that changing in the not too distant future. Two models appeal to me - the Manhattan (any of the three colours) and the Homo Sapien Bronze. A bit pricey, so maybe I'll have to get it down to one for now - I've already told my wife I've found my 2018 birthday present and have an idea for what Santa could bring me next Christmas. Any suggestions as to which pen should be my first Visconti, or is that like asking a parent to choose between his children?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Northern Gentleman View Post
    I've never owned a Visconti, but can see that changing in the not too distant future. Two models appeal to me - the Manhattan (any of the three colours) and the Homo Sapien Bronze. A bit pricey, so maybe I'll have to get it down to one for now - I've already told my wife I've found my 2018 birthday present and have an idea for what Santa could bring me next Christmas. Any suggestions as to which pen should be my first Visconti, or is that like asking a parent to choose between his children?
    I would go for Manhattan now and Bronze age later :-)

FPG Donor ♕
    Thanks

My HS Dark age is one of two modern pens in my collection. The other is #2 of the original Brunelleschi limited editions and I absolutely adore them both and use them often.

Thanks

Hi have a question for other Visconti guys. I have a Dark Age with an EF nib that writes nice and wet but I just got a Medici in a fine nib that seems like it puts down a bolder line, only slightly through, but the line is a lot lighter even through it is the same ink. Should I be writing with it to let the nib settle in or get it adjusted? The next one is definitely a demonstrator, either a Chiantishire, London Fog, or a Bronze Swirl.

Thanks

Unless you write with a very heavy hand I wouldn’t expect the nib to change much. It’s pretty easy to make a nib a little wetter so you may be able to adjust it yourself and save the time/money of a nibmeister (unless you want other things tweaked too).

Thanks

It is rare to get a dry visconti nib :-) But some time it happens. You can slightly open the tines to make it wetter. There are few videos about it in youtube.
    I had a "M" 23K pd nib which was dry writer, but well tuned. I opened the tines a bit and it is now lovely.

Thanks

I always wanted the London Fog version but the more I read about Visconti the more I realise that they are designed to be more ornamental than writing implement.